Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vets in the Sault

Thumbs up Vets in the Sault

Does anybody have any recommendations on good vets here in the Sault? I used to go to the states but with the new law about passports and nexus cards I would just feel better about staying right in my city.

P.S. PLEASE DON'T PASS JUDGEMENT.
    I HAVE EDUCATED MYSELF ON THE DECISION I AM MAKING. I KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES AND THE BENEFITS. I KNOW WHAT COULD GO WRONG...LOL

Sorry everybody but I couldn't help myself. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Default Re: Vets in the Sault

we deal with the animal health clinic on trunk rd..very good
    Dale Earnhardt Sr...is the No 1 Driver in Nascar History..

Thank you.

Yes, I moved to the Sault this past september to attend school and brought my two dogs along with me of course. I decided I'd take them to a trainer so they could have something else to do besides our 2 hour nature walks a dayish. HOWEVER, they ended up having some of the trainers home made livre treats(mistake on my part as I'm well aware of the rule i follow not to allow other peoples homemade treats or unknown to be fed to my dogs)

My dogs are eating high qualiity food(Orijen)Anyway, moral of the story is I went to see the vet clinic on the corner of boundary and trunk and WOW they did an amazing job. I'll be seeing them for any future issues/shots while I'm there.

SWRKR 01

I have been dealing with Anita at the Black Road vet clinic (near 3rd Line)

She is awesome. I do not have enough words to express my gratitude towards her for all she has done for our dogs over the years.

I just moved back here and also had gone to the US for the vet, but I think I'm going to give the black dirt road vet a shot with my own dogs

I deal with The Animal Health Clinic. They are amazing. They treat you like family... That has been my experience anyways.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just have one other question...Does anyone know what the price is to get a dog fixed. I want to get my german shepard fixed. He's about 60lbs
    I was told it's based on their weight.

Thanks

I have delt with black road and was really pleased. a dog about 60 pounds ran my aunt close to 300 if i recall correctly...
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

GRUMPY

thats where I go too

I use the states vets for my own reasons however after experiencing service through several here, I would say the only one I would ever think of suggesting in Black road.
    They where the only ones I have ever seen general sympathy and concern when issues come up.
    The others I have been to treated my pets like they where a number.
    The main thing I look for in a vet is if they treat my babies like I would.
    The lady at black road does that.

Animal Hospital on Tilley rd is really good. Our dogs have been going there their whole lives. Great staff right down the board.

IMHO

You mean the cranky receptionist is finally gone? or?...she turned me right off.(Tilley Road)

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Hard View Post
    You mean the cranky receptionist is finally gone? or?...she turned me right off.(Tilley Road)
    You got that right! I think they lost many potential customers after a first encounter with her.

If you have already taken your dog to the vet across the river good luck getting a vet here to assist you. The vets across the river don't care if you have taken your animal to another vet but the ones here sure do! Which is a crock! Business is business they have to get over them selves.
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    You got that right! I think they lost many potential customers after a first encounter with her.
    I find that Lynne seems cranky but once you talk to her she's actually really nice. We've been taking our dogs there for 15 years and have only ever had one small problem with them. I really like Dr. Deluco there - she does absolutely everything in her power to help you. My mom's dog was really sick this December, and she was even gave us her home number in case something happened over Christmas. And she gave us the best prices possible because she knew that money was an issue.

I know I've heard a lot of complaints about them, but I think they're great, and friendly people too.

I deal with Palmers on Third Line. Very nice, gentle with the pets. Very soft spoken and he isn't pushy about anything. He'll take time to answer any questions as well.

I've heard only good things about the vet on Black Rd.
    anyone I know who has gone there was very satisfied.

they said that they have a real love for animals and are very nice.
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

IMHO

What is the name of this vet on Black Road...I cannot picture a business along there dealing with animals.

Black Rd Veterinary Services...

if you are driving north on Black Rd, it' on the right hand side of the highway, past McNab
    If animals don't go to Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.~
    Unknown

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information