Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over-The-Air HD Channels in the Soo Area??

Default Over-The-Air HD Channels in the Soo Area??

Has anyone tried to see how many digital over-the-air channels we get in the Soo area? I was thinking about putting up an antenna and hooking it up to my HD TV, but I don't want to bother purchasing one, if we don't get any HD channels over the air in the Soo area.

Default Re: Over-The-Air HD Channels in the Soo Area??

There are currently no Canadian over the air HD channels in the Sault. I think there might be a few American ones, not sure if they are HD though - just digital

hey, i just thought of something. this thread needs to be locked as well. it talks about obtaining tv channels for free with a device that you bought at a store? are you stealing these channels?

joking of course but funny how a antennae can be considered legal and a "certain type of box" is not even though they do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 67 L79 View Post
    hey, i just thought of something. this thread needs to be locked as well. it talks about obtaining tv channels for free with a device that you bought at a store? are you stealing these channels?

joking of course but funny how a antennae can be considered legal and a "certain type of box" is not even though they do the same thing?
    I believe it is considered legal as you are receiving free uncrypted terristerial channels. Other types of boxes take encrypted channels and uncrypt the channels without paying. This is what makes it illegal.

It's rather funny that you have to explain it. The ignorance driving the 'it's free' thought is funny too. But, but, the box says Free!!!

If you buy a pair of bolt cutters, that is capable of busting the lock on my shed, does that give you the right to everything inside it?

GRUMPY

only if they do it,however if it is done to them then its lowlife.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information