Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FTA Opinion

Default FTA Opinion

Hello everyone,
    I would like to know your opinions of FTA, good and bad.
    Stationary or steerable dish?
    Also what would be a good receiver?

Just would like an honest opinion..

Banned

Default Re: FTA Opinion

see, all is good / getting better

Is there any sense in getting FTA if I wanted to stay perfectly legal? I have heard that there are quite a few channels available.. is that true?

ooh ya im on galaxy 18 it is only about 60 channels all pretty interesting stuff no networks.........http://www.ftalist.com/index.htm

Banned

AMC 11 has alot

Stop getting your panties all twisted. FTA != (does not for the uninformed) Piracy. True FTA is using the many FREE OPEN satelittes up in space to get channels which are truely FREE. Hence FREE TO AIR!.

If you do not have anything good to contribute which is ON TOPIC, then don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDawg View Post
    Stop getting your panties all twisted. FTA != (does not for the uninformed) Piracy. True FTA is using the many FREE OPEN satelittes up in space to get channels which are truely FREE. Hence FREE TO AIR!.

If you do not have anything good to contribute which is ON TOPIC, then don't post.
    I would love to see documentation that states that the majority of FTA users use their boxes to receive JUST free channels that are available over the air and not decrypt Dish Network or Bell signals. Personally I dont care what you do but I find it odd that you take a strong stance on console mods and burning or otherwise obtaining free games but are so laid back on stealing sat signals.
    <insert witty comment here>

I have tried to clean this thread up. We do need to keep to legal discussions, there are plenty of grey area sites on the net.

GRUMPY

Well all I can say is that if you truly want to go the free to air route and want to stay legit (unlike the majority of others) the only way to go would be with a steerable dish (if they make them) as while it is true that there are a lot of channels they are spread over different satellites so in order to watch them all you'd have to re-aim your dish from time to time. Also one has to look at the channels available and stop and figure out how many would they actually watch and would it justify buying a system.

I am well informed with FTA. And I have seen threads linking to illegal sites to download bins. When topics get started on here, asking why their channels are down then people advise them to wait untill the next hack is out. Then I think that is illegal, and should be removed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information