Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rescue garden

Default rescue garden

actually, its a rescue pot. every time im in a garden store and i see broken pieces of plants on the ground i pick them up and bring them home. i strip off the bottom few sets of leaves and plant them. i have a pot just for rescues. and keep it quite moist. what works really well, petunias, ivy geranium, impatients, wax begonias. some of them are quite bad shape, but they perk up and start blooming.

its pretty cool, ive done it for the past few years and thought i would share the idea.

Default Re: rescue garden

is that not stealing? taking a clip off a plant that is for sale???(lmao)

it is a good idea to rescue them but how bad would that look in the paper...theft under $5000, lady steals plant clipping, I'll just buy the rest of the plant and leave the rescue to kitca thanks.

nope, not stealing. these are rescues! that means they have fallen or broken off and are laying in the isles being walked on. i dont take cuttings! i dont sneak them out, i tell them i am taking them and what i am doing with them. (besides, i know someone at all of the garden shops and they are usually working) they also know that i spend enough there that i dont need to steal. and also, most people that know me know that i rescue every possible living thing that can be rescued (worms on sidewalks, spiders/bees stuck indoors, ladybugs/butterflies stuck at the beach, broken pieces of plants... ...)

lol, actually, it would be more like theft under .25 cents.

GRUMPY

great idea and it saves the store the time to clean up

OH it IS a great idea...to me if you don't pay for it, its stealing...and it doesn't matter how small the item, its still theft under $5000.00. Like I said good idea for some but my concience says I'll buy my plants.

GRUMPY

Question Re: rescue garden

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    i dont take cuttings! i dont sneak them out, i tell them i am taking them and what i am doing with them. .
    Sorry but I fail to see how this is theft at all, by telling them what you are doing gives them the option of saying something like "Sorry but you can't do that" or something along that line. As far as that goes she is actually providing a service to them as that is one less thing that they have to pick up and place in the garbage.

thats right grumpy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information