Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water cooling

Default Water cooling

Well thanks to killswitch(just razzin ya lol) I know have a new addiction, water cooling.

My question is, with my current cooling kit i have a single cpu block on the loop, but I would like to add a block to the northbridge, so how would i go about doing that? I could get a bigger rad (as the prowater 880i is the exact same as i got except a 240mm radiator) and stick with my current pump and resevoir.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Default Re: Water cooling

just get the block and add it in the loop make sure the CPU is first then send it to the north bridge.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Thank you very much mboy, I figured I could just do that and it would be fine. I was a few other sites asking the same question and all i got out of every one was " just buy a new custom setup" .
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Quote Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
    Well thanks to killswitch(just razzin ya lol) I know have a new addiction, water cooling.
    LOL! You're very welcome!
    You basically do have a custom setup IMO. It just came in a kit and you can add anything you want to it, as long as the rad/fan can handle it.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Banned

Cool Re: Water cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
    Well thanks to killswitch(just razzin ya lol) I now have a new addiction, water cooling.

YOINK!

thankyou

I suppose there is a simple formula for calculating the capacity of your system. As I sit this early morning, I can't remember what the system I have on my rig but I made sure it had extra capacity. I too added a block to my northbridge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information