Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gastric Bypass Update

Default Re: Gastric Bypass Update

I also find that my taste buds are now different. I throughly enjoy fresh produce and protein.. I crave it!! For breakfast my standby of toast does not appeal to me at all. Its weird. Now I want left over chicken breast or something similar.. this morning I had soup an hour after I got up. I am cooking a lot more home prepared meals yet and am enjoying it. I do have to freeze a lot though. I eat all day for the most part. A bit at a time. Life is good!!!

I am still waiting on Ohip - this wait is brutal.

I just thought I would tell you all about My X who just celebrated Her one year since Surgery a few weeks ago and has lost 160lb's so far.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    OHIP is no longer paying for this.
    "Fear of death is no reason to keep on breathing"

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    We can still get lots of iron through eating the right things. I have reduced the supliments I take by eating properly. Something I haven't done in the past, but my surgery has forced upon me. Another plus for the surgery.
    Would the surgery have been avoided if you had been eating healthier in the past? I am to lose 50lbs before I can be considered for any surgery.

Ohip most certainly is still paying for r n y. I know somone who got approved yesterday.

oh yes, they are approving the rny, but no longer the mgb.

i was wondering what is involved to get approved for ohip to cover the gastric sleeve surgery in traverse city. has anyone been through this? what are the steps once you have already see your doctor about it?

Quote Originally Posted by lovearchie View Post
    i was wondering what is involved to get approved for ohip to cover the gastric sleeve surgery in traverse city. has anyone been through this? what are the steps once you have already see your doctor about it?
    From my understanding the gastric sleeve surgery is only approved on individual bases not everyone gets OHIP approval for this. I got this information last winter. Things may have changed since then. The gastric sleeve is a fairly newer procedure.
    If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.

It seems like the least complicated surgery, and recovery time is quicker. but thanks anyways.

Does anyone know what the form is called that you have to get your doctor to fill out?

You need the Out-Of_Country form from OHIP. You can download it from the Ontario Long Term Care website. Their office for out-of-country procedures is located in Thunder Bay.

It sounds like the Gastric sleeve is similar to the old banding surgery. If this is so, it is not a good idea, IMHO. The MGB or R/Y are the most effective and are not that difficult to recover from. Once they put you under and cut you open, the risks are relatively the same.

Well, I got my Ohip approval Aug 27th. I went to Barix in Ypsilanti, MI for my consult. I was very impressed with the facility & my surgeon, Dr. Taylor. I go for pre admission tests Sept 28th, then surgery Oct 8th. Woo hoo!!!

Banned

My Granda in 2 months out and down 60 pounds. She's feeling great and eating well. She seems totally normal other than shes missing a WHOLE bunch of her

Good for granny, .... she will never regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    just starting the process can anyone let me know what im in for as far as the ohip wait? ive registered for the group consultation appointment in traverse city and my follow up with my dr just after that to have my out of country paper work completed....what am i missing to have this completed ASAP?

there is a group here in town that have had or are having the traverse city surgery. i dont know the details of it, but if you could hook up with them then get lots of info from them.

are you going to traverse city for the group info? they do group info here in the soo too eh. i wonder if you contact munson medical in traverse city if they have the contact for the soo group or the dates when they are coming here again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information