Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lip ring urgent help =/

im in a secret location, due to my popularity..

Default Lip ring urgent help =/

Ok my friends lip ring has a thing of gross extra skin on it . here are some pictures. should they go to the doctor or peircer?

[img][/img]

Default Re: Lip ring urgent help =/

DR..

The peircer had their go, now it's the doctors turn.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

how long has it been peirced???

liprings sometimes make a little spot where they go inside the skin a bit and make a sort of pocketty thingy. that's what it looks like to me, but turned inside out. i dunno though, it would have to be peirced for a while. is it painful? infected?

okay, i just looked at it again. looks like the skin ripped or something..yucky. if she wants to save her peircing and have it heal IN tell her to go to the peircer. rince with salt water. if she wants a lecture and to be told to take it out and rince with salt water, go see a doctor.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

I'd go back to where you got it pierced. They'll probably look at it and let you know the best course of action. Most piercers will tell you to return to them if there is a problem.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

im in a secret location, due to my popularity..

well. they cant keep there hands off of anything and popped it =/ .
    *gross* most likely infected little abcess or something. i will tell them go to peircer

Piercers usually tell people, "Come to us first and we will tell you if you need to see a doctor." Unless it is gushing blood or tons of gross stuff anyway, that is the way to go lol.
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

I had that on mine, too, when I had the stud. How long has your friend had it? I would switch it out with a ring for a bit. The stud was too short so it was constantly digging into my lip and cutting it.

I finally took my lip ring out because the ring annoyed me and the labret stud hurt too much because of the digging in.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

The studs with the flat backs did the same to me. Or the skin would grow over it and I would have to push it back through every morning. Rinse with salt water ALOT after every cigarette, meal etc. even more so than when she got it done. MY second lip ring rejected and it SORT of looked like that not quite but similar. If its new I would think rejection, if its not then like everyone else said, its better off to go see the piercer and see what they say
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

It looks like just the skin flap from when the stud is too tight. Change it to a hoop.
    Cant keep a secret, if it never was a secret to start..

That's what I think, too. Use a ring instead until it heals. Mine did that everytime I used the stud, though.

As long as it doesn't look like it has pus in it, which it didn't from the picture, I don't think, I'd say it's okay.

If your friend is worried about it, though, go to a doctor or the piercer.

Okay, I just noticed the part where they popped it... kind of weird. Mine never had stuff come out of it, except when I had first gotten it pierced and it was healing.

Of course, I also used peroxide on all my piercings - not lots, but every once in awhile. I'd use a qtip and dab it on.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

the peircer will have longer labrettes too, if it is too tight
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Usually when someone gets pierced by a professional, they are told to contact them for any reason even if they aren't sure.

If the person who had the piercings is having a problem they should've consulted their piercer. But they obviously feel better asking their friends which I find kind of strange.

Good luck to them.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Looks like a skin tear and the 'meat' is coming through the tear.

Pro Tip: Listen to your piercer. Any piercer who knows what they're doing will tell you to Leave a hoop in until it's fully healed. There's a reason for that. Your friend just found it out the fun way.

If your piercer didn't tell you that, go somewhere else and talk to them. Somewhere people can say they're professional, clean and informed.

That's just a minor abscess. Nothing to be alarmed about. The flat back of the ring dug into the skin creating a "pocket". An infection formed, and then the abcess came. Same deal as an abscessed tooth.

The human mouth is the most disgusting place in the world in my opinion. It's filled to the brim with millions of bacteria. Depending what habits you have, smoking, drugs, drinking and so forth, you can have more. Pick up a bottle of Listerine Antiseptic mouthwash. There's a smaller bottle for like, $4 you can get that'll last long enough for your piercing to heal. Use it after every meal, and every time they smoke or something. It'll keep it clean. Keep in mind. There's a hole in your face. One that's not supposed to be there. It's new, and it's raw skin. It's a prime target for infection.

I wish your friend luck. As a fellow piercing lover, I wouild have to see them be told it has to come out Keep the things clean !

Ah yes. If your friend can tolerate the taste, Salt water is better to use than Listerine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information