Here is an interesting opportunity from the Industrial Accident Prevention Association for an ambitious young person to pick up some volunteer hours. PM me with an email address and I'll send the application form. Parent signature required for anyone under 18
YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Protecting and promoting the health and safety of young and new, inexperienced workers are ongoing parts of IAPA’s social mandate and an essential component of our community outreach. We make the most of opportunities to address the issue of young workers’ health and safety in a number of innovative ways. We invite you to join our new “Youth Advisory Committee” and provide your leadership to help guide our youth programs. This is a great opportunity for you to make a difference and to advocate for the health and safety of young workers in Ontario.
Objectives of Youth Advisory Committee:
1. Identify issues and opportunities that affect young worker health and safety in Ontario
2. Participate on the planning committee of the annual LINK Youth Health & Safety Forum
3. Encourage youth to attend/participate in the Forum
4. Liaise with the Volunteer Youth Initiatives Committee and appropriate staff members
5. If desired, you could also be trained as a Young Worker Awareness Program Facilitator and deliver sessions to your peers
Benefits to Advisory Committee Members:
-a place to express all your great ideas
-event planning and marketing experience
-a unique accomplishment to add to your resume
-work with other young people from around the Province
-participate on the LINK 2010 Youth Health & Safety Forum planning committee and attend the event
-a minimum of three conference calls per year
-additional conference calls and project work as required
-attend and work at the annual LINK Youth Health & Safety Forum (for at least one of the three days) Note: The 2010 Forum is scheduled for May 2 – 4 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Expenses will be covered by IAPA.
Please let us know if you are interested in this exciting volunteer opportunity by completing the attached application form and submitting to us no later than August 29, 2009.