Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: slugs

Default slugs

well, the slugs sure have had a happy year this year! i dont do anything to kill them, i know some people do and i usually dont have a problem. but i guess this year has been so cool and damp that they went nuts. i just went out to pick a salad and they have mowed it right down. the only greens they left were the spicey and bitter ones that you are only supposed to use a few of.

GRUMPY

Default Re: slugs

keep old boards in the paths between the plants and every so often pick them up and get rid of the slugs under them.

I will say one thing, I take the dog out early mornings with my sandles on and if I get anymore slugs between my toes IM going to freek, LOL I have even put the lawn mower on lowest setting to avoid them getting close to the top of my feet... but errrrrrrrrrrr there are sooooo many of them.. I have never seen so many SLUGS. YUK

they don't like salt
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

GRUMPY

ya think?

yes! slugs need the moisture, with so much rain they have just thrived! my beautiful 5 different mixes of lettuce is just been eaten by slugs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information