Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What are your thoughts on the flu Shot??

Default Re: What are your thoughts on the flu Shot??

Just a point of information. When you get a virus or bacterial infection, what makes you feel ill is your immune system running amok, trying to tackle the infection. It makes you achy (body making more white cells to fight the war), makes your nose run (run those bugger germs out!), gives you a fever (create in inhospitable environment, working overtime), etc., all in an effort to tackle the foreign invaders. Just what do you think happens with a vaccination? The same damned thing. It does not make you sick, it does not *necessarily* mean you were sick before and didn't know it, it means your immune system is running amok, trying to tackle the invader, just like when you're infected naturally.

Maybe some reading on how the human body works may clarify.

Well I went to the clinic today to get the last of my twinRix shots, I needed the final one. THe nurse and I discussed the H1N1 and I decided to go ahead with it. I have a close family member who has a compromised immune system right now and I am afraid that I may inadvertantly infect her. So I took my chances and got the shot.
    I'll let you all know if I survive.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

i have booked an appt for the h1n1 vacc. i think it is a more serious risk and much more a reality. i am still scared of the regular flu vacc.

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    what about the people who's children get vaccine effected and develope autism and ppdnos? that wouldn't be reported to you and most doctors brush it off like it doesn't happen. my daughters doctor said that could not have possibly happened because she doesn't beleive in it...then it doesn't get reported and can't be recorded as it should be.

It's the Mercury in the vaccines that has been linked to autism; however, Canadian Vaccines for Children have not contained Mercury since 1994.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    It's the Mercury in the vaccines that has been linked to autism; however, Canadian Vaccines for Children have not contained Mercury since 1994.
    Most of them don't. They vaccinate children for hep and that contains it, and so does the yearly flu shots. The mercury might be what is linked to the problems but i doubt all the other horrible things they sometimes put into the vaccines are much better. i don't know what shot it was that effected her. she got a few the same week. All i know is she hasn't been the same since. She NEVER 'flapped' her hands before that point. she has other symptoms as well. Autism has the same symptoms as Mercury poisoning. i don't know about squaline but there's lead and formaldahyde in them too. that stuff must be great for the kids.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Banned

Most of them don't. They vaccinate children for hep and that contains it, and so does the yearly flu shots. The mercury might be what is linked to the problems but i doubt all the other horrible things they sometimes put into the vaccines are much better. i don't know what shot it was that effected her. she got a few the same week. All i know is she hasn't been the same since. She NEVER 'flapped' her hands before that point. she has other symptoms as well. Autism has the same symptoms as Mercury poisoning. i don't know about squaline but there's lead and formaldahyde in them too. that stuff must be great for the kids.
    Thermisol and Squaline are in all of the H1N1 vaccines unless the more expensive single shot is ordered

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Thermisol and Squaline are in all of the H1N1 vaccines unless the more expensive single shot is ordered
    i meant the routine baby immunizations don't have the thermisol in them anymore. or so they say.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

I wonder why thermisol was removed from childhood shots, excluding the flu shots. Of course the vaccine makers say there is no connection between the shot and autism.....they only have billions of dollars to lose if there is a connection....so there isn't....that doesn't comfort me.

Also....I wonder why a lot of health care providers don't get the shot. Do they know something?

And the regular flu shot is always out of date, based on a flu from the previous year.....

This shot is just too new for me....

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post

if you are pregnant a dose of adjuvant free vaccine is available, they have 1+ million doses of that one.

i meant the routine baby immunizations don't have the thermisol in them anymore. or so they say.
    recent studies have disproved any link to autism

There are not a lot of health care working who do not get their flu shots - nearly all do.

The amount of thermisol (mercury) in one flu shot is comparable to LESS mercury in a can of tuna. It is that small.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
    There are not a lot of health care working who do not get their flu shots - nearly all do.

The amount of thermisol (mercury) in one flu shot is comparable to LESS mercury in a can of tuna. It is that small.
    Actually it depends on if its administered correctly. You get one lazy nurse who doesnt shake the bottle and your shild could end up with a large dose of the mercury

[QUOTE=nightingale;508481]There are not a lot of health care working who do not get their flu shots - nearly all do.

a lot of our frontline healthcare workers are starting to get sick now, because they have not been vaccinated in time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post

There's also a lot of mercury found in fish and wild meats. Still doesn't mean it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by verotik66 View Post
    recent studies have disproved any link to autism

Can you link some of these studies? Were they studies done without any money or link to the makers of the vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Okay I have a question, sorry if this is hijacking it, I am on a corticosteriod for my Crohn's disease and was told by the doctor last night that I have to make sure I get all my vaccinations and shots (ie the flu shot) but when reading the paperwork last night on this new drug I am on, it said to avoid getting any shots or vaccinations, so I am a little confused, any suggestions here?
    My son also has crohn's disease and is getting a remicade infusion every eight weeks. his doctor is doctor bignell, who i think is fantastic. I called him, and he said to get the vaccine asap. My son has received no vaccines since he was age 11 when he was initially diagnosed. this h1n1 vaccine is not a live vaccine. YOU DO NOT WANT ANY LIVE VACCINES WHEN YOU ARE IMMUNE COMPROMISED. |The h1n1 is not a live vaccine.

because of your illness, you are at an even higher risk of not being able to fight the virus on your own.

my advise, get the vaccine. we all got ours on friday, and my son as well as the rest of us are doing fine. sore arm, headache, and that was it.

MERCURY the amount of mercury in an injection is less then you would get in a can a tuna. so everybody stop eating tuna. And of course lets all get those mercury fillings out of our teeth, the silver ones, thats mercury.

food for thought lol

at the end of the day, ask yourself this question.

WHAT IF I DONT VACCINATE MY KIDS OR MYSELF BECAUSE I DONT KNOW THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF THIS DRUG, AND TAKE A BIG CHANCE ON THE SHORTER TERM EFFECT WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY "[POSSIBLY DEATH"? CAN I LIVE WITH THAT CHOICE?

ALL i know is that as a mother, a parent and a wife, I choose the best odds for the health and welfare of my family. We have all been vaccinated. I want my family to have the best odds of survival, that they can have.

also ask yourself?

how many to date have died from the H1N1 flu or the flu to date.?
    how many have died or had serious side effects from the vaccines.?

It is a hard call, and it is frightening. There are always going to be a small percentage of the population that are unexpectedly adversely affected.

What can you live with at the end of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BhSBilvN8 ....... I think I'll hold off on getting my flu shot after seeing this video.

I don't get Flu shots, and I never get sick. I have perenial allergies so I have a cold 24/7 ... But that's it. I have no "issues" with my health at all, so I have nothing to worry about if I do get it anyways.

It's just a flu .... who cares? It'll give me some time off classes and exams :P

I finally made a decision.. Booked my shot for the H1n1
    We both going to get it done..

Unhappy Re: What are your thoughts on the flu Shot??

We all got ours last night and my son woke up this morning whiter than a ghost and vomiting.The rest of us are fine so far...really sore arms where we got the shot though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information