Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ODSP what a joke

Default ODSP what a joke

( ontario disabily support program ) I have to get this offf my chest. Some people do truly do need it. I know that . But then there are the one's that can work for a living and don't. It really burns my a$$. Then to top it all off they don't even have to pay child support, like are you kidding me! So what next! I know I lot of people that are on it and have told me how easy it is to get on it. Yes, it took them a while or years but it you wait it out you will get on it. It just seams to me so meny people just take the easy way. Then there is people like me with 2 kids trying to get by just on one pay check and ctb ( child tax benfent) and also looking for a nother job only to have some extra money for x mas. All I have to say is POOR CANADA!!!!!!

Default Re: ODSP what a joke

Would you report them? Think about it. They are stealing taxpayer's money. They are frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue View Post
    Would you report them? Think about it. They are stealing taxpayer's money. They are frauds.
    Can I get you a bigger paddle to stir with, sir?
    Maybe it's just easier to let you know when I'm being serious.

I don't know why anyone would want to wait for three years to get onto ODSP. If a person is not in need of it, why would that person wait, collecting next to nothing on Ontario Works? I am sure there is only a tiny percentage of people who would do something like that.

I also don't know how being on ODSP is the "easy way". Sorry but going to doctor's appointments, doing piles of paperwork and going to tribunals is not fun for the people on ODSP. I have helped people with the paperwork involved and assisted people who were having problems speaking to their workers. I wouldn't want to be in their position.
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

i don't think it's that easy to get. you actually have to prove you have a disability and that it is severe enough. i think a lot of people see someone with a mental illness on odsp and don't quite understand how they got odsp or maybe they don't know the person has a mental illness because it's not something you can see. a lot of people apear to be a lot more competant than they actually are. you see lazy instead of the actual problem.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Yeah, you guys know that there are many guys out there with "bad backs" who are on ODSP, and they haul firewood, go moose hunting, fishing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    i don't think it's that easy to get. you actually have to prove you have a disability and that it is severe enough. i think a lot of people see someone with a mental illness on odsp and don't quite understand how they got odsp or maybe they don't know the person has a mental illness because it's not something you can see. a lot of people apear to be a lot more competant than they actually are. you see lazy instead of the actual problem.
    ODSP just isn't for people with mental problems. My wife has a serious medical/physical condition and she is on ODSP. Mind you they detuct quite a chunk from it after they get my pay stubs every month, but it helps.
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    ODSP just isn't for people with mental problems. My wife has a serious medical/physical condition and she is on ODSP. Mind you they detuct quite a chunk from it after they get my pay stubs every month, but it helps.
    i know but i think it's usually the mentally ill ones that people think using the system. if they are manic depressive or something and they are on meds that help them function, it's hard for 'outsiders' to understand what really goes on with them.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Some people, like my husband need medications that their spouses cannot afford as well. So even though ODSP does not pay my husband with a cheque each month, his medications are covered. My income is over the low-income cut off line but paying for his meds was killing me. It helps because with four kids, one who is in college and my husband having so many health issues I had a hard time paying for his medications. It took three years to get the benefits; who the heck wants to wait that long to get any sort of financial aid for the heck of it, right?
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

osdp is an income, and if a person is required to pay child support they deduct it from the cheque.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Those people should get hot tubs - really helps the back.

Maybe ODSP should provide them?

Quote Originally Posted by NoCasa View Post

I so want a hot tub!!

Quote Originally Posted by giggle squirt View Post
    osdp is an income, and if a person is required to pay child support they deduct it from the cheque.
    i'm pretty sure they can't do that if you are on odsp or ow.

Nope they can't. My ex hasn't had to pay a cent to me in six years. He is on OW and is now applying for ODSP. I will never see any child support, I was told.

Thomas Sewell

yes they can. if you go through the family responsibility act they deduct it and send you the money directly. i did this with my ex. he was on osdp and they consider it an income so he had to pay me. he didn't so i went through the family responsibility act and got my money. of coruse the ammount is based on a percentage of what they get each month, it is not alot but it is better then nothing.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Quote Originally Posted by Ne touchez paz View Post
    Hell why not, and how about a Hooker/John to go with them for the first weekend as well
    Now you're talkin!!

ODSP is a pension given too those whom need the support. It is NOT a JOBJ

oB
    We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey

Now you're talkin!!
    DREAMERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Keeper View Post
    ODSP is a pension given too those whom need the support. It is NOT a JOBJ

oB
    Light Keeper! Is it really you???

My wife doesn't have a back problem but mine gets pretty sore sometimes. I wouldn't mind a hot tub one bit! haha
    ** Phenom II 1100T BE @ 4.1 GHz | Asus M3A79-T | Corsair H80 | 8 GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066 | Radeon HD7970 |Auzentech X-Fi Prelude | 2 x 640GB Blacks in Raid 0 | Silverstone DA750 | Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers | Tritton 5.1 Headhones | 3 x 22" monitors Eyefinity | Tt Element G**

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information