Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xbox 360 firmware mod?

Default Xbox 360 firmware mod?

Ok, I just scored an Xbox 360 Pro yesterday. As the case with my Wii, I am afraid of my original games getting killed by my 3 kids.

Anyone have experience doing the firmware mod on a 360?

Default Re: Xbox 360 firmware mod?

Ya I did my Elite, quite some time ago but just downloaded the new software bundle yesterday. It can be easy depending on which model/drive you have. Let me know if you need help...

think you could help me out with mine? ive got a 2008 20gb model with a liteon drive. i wanted to attempt it myself but it seems that the liteon firmwre mod for those drives is quite complicated. And my god i would love nothing more then be able to play backups of my $80 disks .
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Well once you backup your original BIN file, its not as scary. You must also know you shouldnt ever allow your console online anymore. I will have some time this mid week if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by filthy View Post
    Well once you backup your original BIN file, its not as scary. You must also know you shouldnt ever allow your console online anymore. I will have some time this mid week if you like.
    You shouldn't allow your console online anymore? What do you mean by that?
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

Quote Originally Posted by B.David View Post
    You shouldn't allow your console online anymore? What do you mean by that?
    It means you shouldnt allow your console to go online...
    <insert witty comment here>

No, you shouldn't avoid online, since that would be pointless. By modding the console, you risk having that specific console permanently banned from Xbox Live. Avoiding Live all-together just does what they are threatening to do anyway.

I've been running iXtreme 1.4 - 1.6 for over a year now, and I play most games early, except for Microsoft-published titles, and I play on Live quite often, with a burned copy of HALO 3 ODST, the HALO 3 Map Disc, and all other games. Never had a problem either. It's hit or miss on whether they'll catch you.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt a firmware flash reversible? If so, if you go online, MS bans your console, and now you are screwed. If you flash your console, play your backed up games, flash back and go online with legit games, doesnt that solve everything?
    <insert witty comment here>

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian13 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isnt a firmware flash reversible? If so, if you go online, MS bans your console, and now you are screwed. If you flash your console, play your backed up games, flash back and go online with legit games, doesnt that solve everything?
    You can restore old firmware, yes. But, the system holds all data so it's still a possibility to get banned, even if you play while not connected to Live, and then re-connecting at a later time. Many people played a bad rip of Turok prior to its actual release, ethernet unplugged, and when they went on Live again they were instantly banned.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

I need some more information on this myself, as my son wants one from Santa.
    Since he likes to throw his WII discs all over the place I am going to go with an xbox 360 that can play backups of the originals.
    I have been looking of buying pre-modified, but the prices seem rather high.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

I paid $40 to have mine flashed, and the guy that does mine guarantees a replacement if he screws it up. So, I have over 50 legit games, and another 40-50 burned discs.. which equals lots of money saved.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information