Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Growth On Dogs Leg

Banned

Default Growth On Dogs Leg

My Dog has this growth on his right front leg, its right at the elbow, i have a couple pics i ll post of it, i was wondering if anyone kew what t could be, we are going to be bringing him to the vet, hubbys friends say we could just tie it off and it would fall off , but i m not to kean on that idea and im not letting them do it. It does not seem to bother his at all. Has anyone ever had a dog with this kinda growth? Now before people start to bash and say " take him to the vet" we are calling tomorrow to make the appointment, i m just curious as to what it could be and how much u think it will cost me to have a vet look at it.

For a certain someone who u know who u r, do not reply to my thread, hijack it, or say anything rude that is not relevant to this topic!

Default Re: Growth On Dogs Leg

NO pics shawn's girl, just red X's
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Banned

hmm i see them..lol. ill try again

Banned

see them now?

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

ewww
    looks like gum stuck to his leg lol
    it kind of looks like he had a scab and it didn't fall off the whole way.

Banned

its not a scab lol, its soft and hangy, its gross, i want to get it removed asap before he snags it on something. He licks it from time to time and it grosses me out then want to give me a kiss,,,eww no thanks

oh, poor pup- check out this site-it may help somewhat http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/skin.htm
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”-Kahlil Gibran

Banned

ty im gonna check it out right now

Eww...that's pretty gross for sure! I have nothing helpful to add, but I hope it's nothing serious!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

It looks like it is a callus, but yes, it sure looks like it needs to be removed soon! I hope it's nothing too serious, and I also hope you didn't mean me when you said "For a certain someone who u know who u r, do not reply to my thread, hijack it, or say anything rude that is not relevant to this topic!"

My springer had something similar to this and I tied it off with dental floss and each day would put a new tie on and eventually it fell off and no ill effects from doing this. Actually the groomer that I take mine 2 dogs to did the first tie as I was a bit nervous with doing it.Each day just tied one alittle tighter and it cut the circulation off to that area and just fell off. Hope this helps. My springer had it on his "elbow". It will turn black and get hard and then will fall off.

Banned

oh god no i dident mean u dogsrule...lol..i know all ur advice is pretty much right on and very helpful..i'll pm u with the name i meant,,,

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hommer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My springer had something similar to this and I tied it off with dental floss and each day would put a new tie on and eventually it fell off and no ill effects from doing this. Actually the groomer that I take mine 2 dogs to did the first tie as I was a bit nervous with doing it.Each day just tied one alittle tighter and it cut the circulation off to that area and just fell off. Hope this helps. My springer had it on his "elbow" </div></div>

ya thats what the hubby wants to do, and it is right on his elbow as well, grosses me out when he sits there and licks it so it has to be bothering him a little, i want to try the tie thing to save the cost of the vet which will be expensive, i have animal blood clotter stuff it it bleeds, im unsure what i want to do, call the vet or have hubby do it.

It took a few weeks to finally dry up and fall off but the dog didn't even feel what I was doing or at least it did not show that it did.

Banned

hmm , well hubbys read what u posted and said " see i told u so" thanks hommer..lol.i think he s gonna give it a try tomorrow and if there are any problems or it does not work he will be at the vet right away.

I would be careful doing that though unless the vet recommends it, because it could be something that needs medical treatment asap.

Hate to be a bummer though, and I do hope he pulls through!

I don't think I'd be letting hubby or anyone else touch that to tie it off. It would really suck if while it was tied something happened to it and it got worse. The stop bleed is for trimming nails, not for wounds.
    Really, I'd see the vet, get it checked because it may be something in the dogs system that isn't solved by tying it off. (If hubbys friend gets an infection in his finger, he can tie that off if he likes, LOL)

Let the vets office know you are on a budget and ask how much the visit will cost. They'll let you know on the phone.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Ok first of....Ewwwwww.....[img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]
    Second I wouldn't be putting a string on it and hoping in a while it will fall off. I would be checking with a vet before doing this. This could be some kind of tumour and may have a large blood vessel attached. Better safe then sorry.
    It really doesn't cost that much to get an opinion from the vet.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

the groomer that I take my dogs to used to work at a vets and i trusted her. She knows what she is talking about and it worked!

Banned

i agree with tippy and dogsrule nd loopy, and i have talked to hubby and he is NOT doing it on his own, i told him what if its not just a simple growth, what if it goes deeper or something, so he is off to the vet im calling in the morning, i told him we are not professionals and i d hate to make it worse then it is. Oh ya that clotter stuff i have says on it for deep wounds, it was bought when a friend removed his puppys dewclaw. But it says right on it for minor and deep cuts. and can be used on horses..lol..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information