Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Growth On Dogs Leg

Default Re: Growth On Dogs Leg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hommer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the groomer that I take my dogs to used to work at a vets and i trusted her. She knows what she is talking about and it worked! </div></div>

Notice the word GROOMER. No offence but GROOMERS are not trained to diagnose veterinary issues. And many groomers do things they really should not ever attempt (i.e. anal glands).

I'm glad you are not attempting this on your own. I would hate for something worse to happen and it end up being more expensive and painful then what it could have been.
    There's a reason groomers are groomers and not vets. Lets have them stick to doing what the are qualified for.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

Banned

i agree tippy, i dont want to harm my dog in any way shape or form, so i will let the pros do it for me, if it costs me a arm and a leg so be it, thats how it goes when u r a pet owner, and i will pay what i need to to keep my pets in good health

It would be helpful if what we pay were a bit cheaper lol, in about 8 yrs, I've spent a LOT on vet bills (almost what I'd spend on buying a house in SSM).

It's nuts, but we just have to do it [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] These are our babies!

Banned

yuppers

Shawns girl I agree with Tipp and DogsRule before trying anything take your dog to the vet. Could be a callus but might not be. Sure looks like someting that needs to be seen and removed. Hope it is not serious.

I wouldn't be fooling around with it either, it's not like we are living the the bush with no vets around and have to do stuff like this on our own and hope for the best. If it gets infected, you will be paying more vet bills than if you just go get it plucked off. I had one of my dogs get a growth cut off, it didn't take long, they froze it, sent it away for examination, it was nothing, and the bill was not very much. I guess it depends on who the vet is and the cost is mostly to send the thing away for biopsy, I believe. I had to use some special soap to keep the area clean so that it would not get infected until it healed over. This was a growth on my husky's back. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Good luck and keep everyone posted on what happens.

Banned

well like i said, im not doing it ourselfs, i have called the vet he is to see him on july 24th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh ya that clotter stuff i have says on it for deep wounds, it was bought when a friend removed his puppys dewclaw. But it says right on it for minor and deep cuts. and can be used on horses..lol.. </div></div>

Cool, what's the name of it. I really should have something like that on hand with my horses, who I might add are reeaaally coordinated.lol. Sorry for just assuming that it was stop bleed for nails.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Well? How did you make out at the vets?
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information