Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cookie Exchange???

Smile Cookie Exchange???

Hi.....just wondering if all the cookie bakers were going to do the Christmas cookie exchange again this year??? anybody know??

Default Re: Cookie Exchange???

not sure are you volunteering to organize it lol?

I was just going to put a thread up for the cookie exchange! Count me in T_wolfe.
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

I have never done it before, but i like to bake cookies!!! I am thinking I would like to be in it this year.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

great the more the people the better the variety.
    LIFE IS SHORT: BREAK THE RULES! FORGIVE QUICKLY! LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY! KISS SLOWLY! LOVE TRULY!

How many does everyone bake?

It depends on how many people we get to participate but we usually stop at 15. So every makes a dozen for each person participating plus we do an extra half dozen or so for nibbling at the hostess' house.

Quote Originally Posted by tasma5 View Post
    It depends on how many people we get to participate but we usually stop at 15. So every makes a dozen for each person participating plus we do an extra half dozen or so for nibbling at the hostess' house.
    Ok thanks- There are only two people in our house and I'm not sure what we would do with 15 doz cookies to hang on to until the exchange or to eat after it, heh.

count me in :P.. i love cookies :P

Miss Muffet sounds good and fyre even though you only have 2 people what I do is I take a couple dozen when we visit people during the christmas season and I put out a bunch on Christmas eve when I have my husbands family over. I also take some to my mothers on Christmas day or share with my friends. It also doesn't mean we always have 15 dozen sometimes we only have 5-6 dozen like last year but the cut off is usually better at around 13-15 people participating.

I'll join in this year if thats ok
    Last edited by LilBrat37; 10-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.

I'll join.

I've thought it over and with the home renovations we r doing I don't think it would b safe to host it @ my place this year! I'm sorry.
    Last edited by MissMuffett; 10-22-2009 at 03:10 PM.

I'm sure we will find somewhere to host.

I would love to participate and depending on date would be willign to host, what are you all thinking for the date?

It would probably be in the first part of December usually whatever is good for the majority.

Senior Member EyelashExtensions's Avatar

I'm in! OOOO how I love the cookie exchange

So, so far we have lizzardskills, chase me, t-wolfe, tasma5, gigglesquirt, missmuffet, lilbrat37 and goodasgold and it possibly being hosted by chase me. When we pick a date, usually not everyone can attend but we try and pick the best date possible but the ones that can't attend can still drop off and pick up pre packaged cookies from the host house. If there is anyone that needs a ride, I live in the east end I can pick up and drive to the host house if needed.
    We will need to make a list of the cookies or goodies that your going to make as soon as possible so that people don't make the same items.

Quote Originally Posted by tasma5 View Post
    ...and fyre even though you only have 2 people what I do is I take a couple dozen when we visit people during the christmas season and I put out a bunch on Christmas eve when I have my husbands family over. I also take some to my mothers on Christmas day or share with my friends. It also doesn't mean we always have 15 dozen sometimes we only have 5-6 dozen like last year but the cut off is usually better at around 13-15 people participating.
    I'm just afraid that if I commit to it and it ends up being more than ten people, I won't have the room in the freezer here to store the ones I'll be bringing to the exchange until we actually exchange them. Lmao does that make sense? We only have a regular sized freezer and a tiny kitchen with just about no counter space, it's annoying.

Fyre, one thing I have done is putting your goodies outside in a box where it is cold or freezing if you can. It works as a good freezer when you don't have the room. I use the back of my husbands truck or deck or patio, shed etc.
    Its up to you right now with you we have nine, if you think you can't then don't worry about it. We will have to pick a date soon and what we are going to make.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information