Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: lcd tv

Default Re: lcd tv

I Have a ? in regards to these cables, I just bought a dvd player that converts the dvd to this 1080p stuff.

But to connect it to the t.v I need this HDMI cable, but when I go onto ebay, it tells me that all these HDMI cables are for ps3's Is it just not a standard cable?

Or does it just mean it will work with ps3s aswell?

My t.v. is a 1080p...

p.s. to my understanding this cable makes for a clearer pic aswell as better sound?

I have it hooked up with rca's right now but I also connect the ps2 with rcas.. and I just hate to take take one out for the other all the time as I only have one set of imput jacks for rca's the other colors are red blue and green?

HDMI cables are used to transport uncompressed high definition video and audio over a single cable.
    All equipment that claims to be meet HDMI standards has to be tested by an independent lab to obtain that qualification.

Here's a list of all currently HDMI certified cables who meet or exceed the HDMI standards and therefore will transport the HDMI information perfectly.

http://www.simplaylabs.com/consumers...4&cname=Cables

Example :

http://www.amazon.com/Dynex-DX-AV002.../dp/B00132DG46

and

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WX9E0M/...SIN=B000WX9E0M

Meet the same standards and the testing procedure is explained here :

http://www.simplaylabs.com/manufactu...d_testing.aspx

1 cable is 3$, the other one 200$ and a bit longer.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

"Here's the thing: digital cables, by definition, have no signal loss. A cable is either digital or it's not. As long as its built to HDMI standards, the only difference between a "fancy" digital cable and a no-name one is the price."

This quote taken from that Monster Ripoff link beats your vague quote from whatever link you provided.

Whatever quote you provided, as I read the article, I knew it was talking about S-Video and Component Cables which in that case, yes you do need to buy more expensive ones to attain better quality because those are analog signals.

So, did you get a tv yet, GRUMPY?

We bought a 55" Samsung LCD LED back in August and love it. A big price, but the quality of picture in HD (Shaw) is fantastic. And then...there's BluRay. OMG, watching movies and tv series in BluRay is mind blowing.

Also, something to think about. In the last few years of researching these new tvs, all I've heard is don't go big if you have to sit close. I was big on that, as I know someone who bought, then returned it because it was too big for the room. Well, we bought big, for the same room size. We sit about 8 feet from a 55" ('cause I gave in to my husband in the store), and it's wonderful. I could easily go for an even bigger tv. OMG...I'm turning into a guy!! LOL

Seriously, though, we have the 240 Hz, 1080, 8000 Series.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...etail&tab=spec

The plasmas in the store couldn't even touch this baby.

Oh, and Monoprice has wall mounts, too, not just cables. ; )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b&aMom View Post

We bought a 55" Samsung LCD LED back in August and love it. A big price, but the quality of picture in HD (Shaw) is fantastic. And then...there's BluRay. OMG, watching movies and tv series in BluRay is mind blowing.

Also, something to think about. In the last few years of researching these new tvs, all I've heard is don't go big if you have to sit close. I was big on that, as I know someone who bought, then returned it because it was too big for the room. Well, we bought big, for the same room size. We sit about 8 feet from a 55" ('cause I gave in to my husband in the store), and it's wonderful. I could easily go for an even bigger tv. OMG...I'm turning into a guy!! LOL

nice tv good pick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icecapp View Post
    I Have a ? in regards to these cables, I just bought a dvd player that converts the dvd to this 1080p stuff.

But to connect it to the t.v I need this HDMI cable, but when I go onto ebay, it tells me that all these HDMI cables are for ps3's Is it just not a standard cable?

Or does it just mean it will work with ps3s aswell?

My t.v. is a 1080p...

p.s. to my understanding this cable makes for a clearer pic aswell as better sound?

I have it hooked up with rca's right now but I also connect the ps2 with rcas.. and I just hate to take take one out for the other all the time as I only have one set of imput jacks for rca's the other colors are red blue and green?
    I got my HDMI cables when I worked retail for 15 bucks each and they retailed 89.99. Just make sure the hdmi is not the lead one

GRUMPY

actually for under $100 I was able to get the old one fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I am wondering why Monster does not sell 10/100/1000 network cables.
    I mean, it would be so much faster with the Monster version!
    Actually, they do.....the FS sales person said they would give me even faster results than "generic" cables....a 6 foot cable was $40....what a joke.....I wonder how many they sucker into buying those cables...

Actually, no LCD can beat a Plasma for colour accuracy, contrast, black levels, and motion blurr......this is why LCD manufacuturers have to come up with 240Hz rates etc....plasma has 0 motion blurr, so they don't need to do this. LCD is very close, but not up to par with plasma.....the new Panasonics are simply amazing....

In store, I found the 8000 series had much better picture quality than the plasma. Personal preference?? I haven't noticed any motion blur at all on our LCD, whether it's movies, hockey, soccer, football, etc. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Only time quality issue comes up is when it's not HD or BluRay.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    I love it when they try to tell you that you are mistaken and that you really need these cables.
    And, as a sound contractor, I love it when some guy thinks that old zip cord from his table lamp works just fine.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

For anyone that doesn't know, goto the Queen st pawnshop, they sell optical cords(for sound) for about 3-5 bucks. AND YES I swapped my friends 'monster' optical cord for my cheapie pawnshop optical cord. There was no sound difference, it's all digital signals, you either get the signal or you don't - no cord in the universe can make 0's and 1's 'better' or 'clearer'. Anyone that says different must have worked at future shop....

IMHO Steer clear of salesmen, if you don't have a good grasp on electronics, then I say it's a good idea to bring someone along with you that knows their stuff, because the salesmen only sees one thing....you paying MORE $.

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by chemicall View Post
    Anyone that says different must have worked at future shop....
    or the Brick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    or the Brick
    Keep believing that. People also didn't believe different kinds of gas didn't make a difference. I guess audiophiles with $ 25000 stereos and thousands of dollars in cable have no idea what they are talking about.
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 03-16-2010 at 04:31 PM.

In that box on the corner ...i have a laptop jacked into your house

when i went shopping for my tv it needed to meet a few criterias ...
    1) it needed to scale SD (standard definition) nicely ...
    2) i needed 1080p for my pc as i wanted to double up as a second monitor ...
    3) it also needed a wide viewing angle ...
    4) the backlight bleeding needed to be very minimal ...
    5) lots of calibration settings ... since most tvs are off in color (set up for a vivid picture an illusion that its got great color)
    6) reputable company for quality ...

i setteld for a toshiba regza 46" ... i choose 46" due to the fact i sit 13" away from my screen ... and 46" was as larg as my bugget allowed at the time .. would have had a bigger budget if my old tv didnt happen to die on me ... it was old and it was its time ... but it held a beautiful picture till it just died ..
    The world is so beautiful i hurt.
    If you look closely, you can see beauty in everything.

In that box on the corner ...i have a laptop jacked into your house

Quote Originally Posted by 403_forbidden View Post
    Actually, no LCD can beat a Plasma for colour accuracy, contrast, black levels, and motion blurr......this is why LCD manufacuturers have to come up with 240Hz rates etc....plasma has 0 motion blurr, so they don't need to do this. LCD is very close, but not up to par with plasma.....the new Panasonics are simply amazing....
    the 250hs 120hz is a selling scheme ... its how the pixels in lcd turn on or off that matter the most ... lcd does not work on refreshrate ... you can feed an lcd with 20hz refreshrate and not notice a dam thing ... the funny thing as well is .. CABLE, SAT, DVD, BLURAY all feed your tv a 60hz refreshrate to start with ... so you input 60hz how do you get 120 of 240 ? if the original is only 60 ? ... what they are really doing is adding frames inbetween the original 24fps show .. so what you will see is frame doubeling ... wich brings in a whole other slu of issues ... like frame jutter or frame skip .. eg when a person is jumping over a coutch and they are in a constant motion but wile in mid jump you may notice a skip ... or a jarring like movement .. same thing with a foot ball in the air it may look like its jumping accross the screen ... motion blur is nateral ... what isnt nateral is and is often precieved as motion blur is ghosting ... when the pixles cant change color fast enough from frame to frame ...
    swing your hand infront of your eyes ...you dont see just 1 hand you see a blur .. now if your eyes were to follow that object the back ground is blured ....

being a gammer on pc ... try to play a game @ 24fps vs 60fps ... 60fps is smooth motion .. where as 24 is skippy like motion ... like flipping threw one of those cartoon books ... the faster you flip (faster frames) the smoother the motion ...
    The world is so beautiful i hurt.
    If you look closely, you can see beauty in everything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information