Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian B/S ...

Default Canadian B/S ...

So who screwed Wishbone out of the Grady gig .... ?
    http://www.soonet.ca/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2505&dateline=1237036  541

Default Re: Canadian B/S ...

Well it was........I will pm you
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

It has come to the point that in this town boycotting bands is normal practice...Its a shame..
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

It is a shame.

More I think of it the happier I am that I'm not in the music scene anymore....But I do miss playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    So who screwed Wishbone out of the Grady gig .... ?
    Gsis Murphy and 2 other regular Canadian bands screwed Wishbone.
    I drive between the curbs...sometimes :-)

wtf? really?

Well the cat is out of the bag now....This is the word on the street

Yes. Wishbone had the gig and were on the Grady poster with the second band Domenica. Wishbone was doing the show for free.

And this folks is why I avoid the Canadian as much as I can ... all BS there ...
    Copyright© 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

GRUMPY

might be why they do so poorly for concerts

It is to bad...I played there years ago..Won't see me there anymore.

I've had the Canadian on my "do not play" list for about 8 years now. Not because of political reasons ... because it's a hole to play.

On a side note ... are we talking about the same owner (Italian Joe), doesn't sound like him to give up a "free" band to get Gsis Murphy who I guarantee wouldn't be doing it for nothing, regardless if them and Joe are "still tight" or not.

A note to Wishbone though ... cut out the "free" gigs. People did free gigs when there was no internet and they wanted exposure. Don't cheapen yourselves and the other musicians around you by playing for free.

Thing is ... here you have an original local band trying to do something and then Gsis takes the show away to possibly do more of their covers. I agree, give a show like that to an original band ... unless Gsis started rejuvenizing some of their late 80's original material from "Midpoint" & "Your Mutha".
    Last edited by Scoff; 11-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.

i have seen GSIS Murphy before .. dont see the big deal in them, a career bar band is all they will ever be.

I seen Wishbone, a co-workers husband is in the band .. very good sounding band. sucks that this happened to them.
    Copyright© 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie_Normous View Post
    A note to Wishbone though ... cut out the "free" gigs. People did free gigs when there was no internet and they wanted exposure. Don't cheapen yourselves and the other musicians around you by playing for free.
    From what I understand, Wishbone does gigs for headliners for free and just sells their CD at those shows to get money. Regular shows they got paid for. They have opened for recording artists Brandon Paris band and another one. Sorry name escapes me. Wishbone opened for Grady last year at the Canadian but this time, they had a different drummer. I assume doing an opener for free gives them the best chance to get the booking. It didn't quite work for the Canadian show.

Some ironic news. Wishbone is scheduled to play the Battle of the Bands contest coming up this Monday and or Tuesday. The winner opens for Kiss at the Essar. I say ironic because this show is being held at the Canadian. Note the title of this thread and it's previous contents to this post ;-) |O| Question: Will they get boycotted again? I hope not. They deserve a shot at it.

The music scene sure is odd in this city isn't it?

I do think that the music scene is strange in this town..As I have been in and around it for some time now...I don't want to date myself..haha!..But all the bands should get a fair shot at this. And I don't think that all the bands will get a fair shot....To much Bull and some bands think they are the be all of the city..let the arguing begin!!

Hey guys..The Canadian is just the venue. This is a ROCK 101 event. And as with any battle of the bands, everyone is going to think they should have won, and there will be all kinds of hard feelings at the end. On a positive note, they got George & Crank Sound to do it, so everyone should sound their absolute best.
    The trouble with life is..there's no background music.

Ya know I don't normally get into the middle of these things but I've been playing the bars here in the Sault for 12 years now and yes of course there are situations that will arise that are unfair!!! Come on people it's the entertainment business the whole business is unfair but at the end of the day we all like to rock!!!! So quit complaining and put that anger and frustration into another original tune!!!

Stiffler's Mom has decided to throw their hat into the ring for the Kiss contest and of course we're going to win!!! LOL!!! Let's just go out there and show the Sault how the top bands in this town can rock!!!

Cheers

Greg

Hey Greg, what day are you guys playing at the Kiss Battle? I'm trying to update lineups on http://saultmetalscene.blogspot.com cause no one's released anything official about them

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information