Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Updates

Default H1N1 Updates

To Moderators:

As far as I'm concerned, at least one H1N1 thread should be stickied in soapbox as current events and health is far more important than a kiss concert. However, maybe the thread should be only reserved for updates of the H1N1 rather than a mecca for conspiracy theory posters to sabotage.

Had to edit this one so the info doesn't get lost by the good ole' conspiracy theorists

http://www.algomapublichealth.com/De...=,1,2,7,25,741

Flu shot bookings:
    •In Sault Ste. Marie, call 541-2332
    •In the Algoma district, call 1-800-469-2449
    Lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
    Last edited by Pleiades; 10-30-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Banned

Default Re: H1N1 Updates

LOL what, cause your fear mongering to get people to get the shot isn't a conspiracy?
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 10-30-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Fix a puctuation problem for the puntuation police jackass

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    LOL what cause you fear mongering to get people to get the shot isn't a conspiracy?
    Where in this post do you see fear mongering. I for one am not getting the vaccine. But for those who want to know more info on numbers of H1N1 cases in the area, where can you get the shot if you chose to do so, wait time, etc... is not fear mongering. Get a grip pal

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

I think it's a good idea Pleiades. And if the mods don't mind keeping an eye on that thread to take out the garbage once in a while it'd be even better.

I also think it would be a good idea for MIB to learn English.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCasa View Post
    I think it's a good idea Pleiades. And if the mods don't mind keeping an eye on that thread to take out the garbage once in a while it'd be even better.

I also think it would be a good idea for MIB to learn English.
    And manners...

I will get the shot but in a week from now it will take 5 min to have it done, not lined up like cattle for hours,I don,t want it that bad.

I got my H1N1 shot on Tuesday...walked in and out in about half hour...I will stick this thread
    but don't want to see anymore H1N1 threads
    Last edited by fenderbass; 10-30-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: because
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

Here's some info that explains why pregnant women are at higher risk

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/684

Banned

http://loveforlife.com.au/content/09...ss-destruction

Heres one that tell you why its bad

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbass View Post
    I got my H1N1 shot on Tuesday...walked in and out in about half hour...I will stick this thread
    Where'd you go? Do you know the hours? I'm really uninformed about what's available here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCasa View Post
    Where'd you go? Do you know the hours? I'm really uninformed about what's available here.
    There's a collaboration between Group Health Centre and Algoma Public Health. You call the Group Health Centre to book in and you get the shot at the Cambrian Mall.

•In Sault Ste. Marie, call 541-2332
    •In the Algoma district, call 1-800-469-2449
    Lines are open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

http://loveforlife.com.au/content/09...ss-destruction

Heres one that tell you why its bad
    Yeah, more youtube stuff, whatever. In a sense, what you're posting can also be considered fear mongering as to why they should be afraid to get the shot right? There's a risk with everything. It's up to the people if they want to get the shot or not. From what I've seen so far, nobody is dropping like flies from past or present vaccines.

The H1N1 season is in full swing, and so, it appears, is flu vaccine fever.

With the second wave of swine flu now sweeping the nation, to get vaccinated or not is the question all of us are facing, as the vaccine becomes available. According to a new poll, most – 51 per cent of Canadians – are saying thanks but no thanks to the free inoculations now underway.

Despite urging of Health Canada and medical health officers across the country, we’re a cynical bunch who won’t roll up our sleeves for just anyone.

Skepticism of authority and a medical system that can be too cozy with Big Pharma is healthy. So too is a propensity for employing a proactive approach to one’s health – becoming an informed consumer.

But emerging wild-eyed from a session of Internet research is no way to make a calculated decision.

In fact, the H1N1 vaccine myths being perpetuated can do real harm. For instance, you cannot “catch” the flu from the vaccine. It is made from a killed virus that can’t cause the disease. A sore arm at the injection site and a general feeling of fatigue are usually the worst side effects. If a person does fall ill, they were likely infected before they received the vaccination.

This speaks to the myth that the risks of the vaccine are worse than the flu itself. Many people believe autism and Guillian-Barré syndrome are a result of vaccines. But no such link has been proven in Canadian studies.

Perhaps the most dangerous misconception is that the flu is no worse than a bad cold. This is simply untrue. The flu is a serious respiratory illness. Those afflicted are debilitated for days.

And then there are those who have died.

Perhaps after a generation or two of vaccinations that have spared us from various diseases (polio, diphtheria, etc.), the public has grown complacent.

We are also a culture of death deniers – with old age postponed by plastic surgery and the end of life so sanitized and scripted that we almost expect immortality. The facts are, H1N1 is a pandemic flu that is capable of killing the youngest, healthiest among us, and a vaccine deemed safe through clinical trials has made a vaccine available to avoid becoming sick.

Get the shot.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/opinion/67328667.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Yeah, more youtube stuff, whatever. In a sense, what you're posting can also be considered fear mongering as to why they should be afraid to get the shot right? There's a risk with everything. It's up to the people if they want to get the shot or not. From what I've seen so far, nobody is dropping like flies from past or present vaccines.
    SO its alright to show your risks but not mine HRMMMM thats a nice hypocrisy. Also that video is from youtube but it is a presentation by a leading expert in the field. So cause her presentation was videotaped and put on yourtube it's invalid???? I wonder how all the doctors in the audience feel about that.

Algoma Public Health Unit Website:

http://www.algomapublichealth.com/De...=,1,2,7,25,741

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    For instance, you cannot “catch” the flu from the vaccine. It is made from a killed virus that can’t cause the disease. A sore arm at the injection site and a general feeling of fatigue are usually the worst side effects. If a person does fall ill, they were likely infected before they received the vaccination.
    Funny that the Nasal vaccine is actually the LIVE virus

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologi.../ucm182406.pdf

Funny that the Nasal vaccine is actually the LIVE virus

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologi.../ucm182406.pdf
    Even funnier that it was not approved for use in Canada so what's your point?

Banned

It will be don't worry, they didn't test this one so whats another

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbass View Post
    Could we maybe have two? I think we need a second thread called H1N1 Conspiracies and Antivirus Paranoia. And a rule that there be no conspiracy crap posted in this thread - it's a real waste of real estate and it detracts from the seriousness of the situation.

SO its alright to show your risks but not mine HRMMMM thats a nice hypocrisy. Also that video is from youtube but it is a presentation by a leading expert in the field. So cause her presentation was videotaped and put on yourtube it's invalid???? I wonder how all the doctors in the audience feel about that.
    Once again, please READ what I have posted. Where do you see hypocricy? Nowhere did I say it's wrong to post why it's bad, however, you're using youtube postings once again which we all know how people take that seriously. In the end, you can post whatever you wish and people will decide for themselves whether they want the shot or not. H1N1 and other seasonal illnesses are among us, it doesn't mean we all have to be naive and not educate ourselves on how to stay healthy. If you don't believe in the shot and choose not to get one, fine, but let's keep in mind we still have to take precautionary measures to stay healthy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information