Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: brainwashing.

Default brainwashing.

I love seeing people who see 2 or 3 websites preaching that a, (one) doctor has decided that a vaccine is wrong and will hurt you. so they preach it to the world. Just because one person says it don't make it right. If i needed medical advise I'll contact my own doctor. Not the guy that sells me a couch, or the guy that fixes my car. Believing what one person says is dangerous, that's how most religions start.

Please, if you are so sure you are right about this stuff. go to med school. prove to us that you know more that 10,000 other doctors.

If you are so positive that you are right. go face to face to the family that lost a young boy to H1N1 and tell then you are glad that young man didn't get vaccinated. see if they believe you.

1340 Great Northern Rd, in the Frontier Village next to the Trading Post

Default Re: brainwashing.

Here Here!

That's just about what I've been ranting about here (mostly to my partner, poor her) for the past week. It will only take one tragedy (goddess forbid) in the Soo for a lot of these people to change their minds.

sensible topic. But in hex files? This should be in the Soapbox for everyone to read.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

At least here, maybe it won't get taken over by stupidity.

I agree. I've gotten to where I can't be bothered reading most of the junk anymore. I don't need someone - who really should have a tinfoil hat on telling me what I need to think or do.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

you must mean the "You Tube Researchers", ya, they are getting on my nerves.
    Whimsical and Determined!

Quote Originally Posted by Luv'inLife View Post
    "You Tube Researchers"
    That made me giggle!
    Basically because it's true.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Choosing whether or not to become vaccinated really has nothing to do with how intelligent or brainwashed a person may be. It is a personal decision and should be based on knowledge and understanding. Personally I did not get the H1N1 vaccine. I do not believe the benifits override risk factors for my age group and my own healthy status in life. That is not to say that those at risk of h1n1 being a problem or those with immune system problems should not get vaccinated, they should or can choose this option. It is a personal decision. I had a family member visiting a relative in the hospital one day and they asked a few doctors that were there what they thought of the vaccination. They gave the usual information and recomended it. They then asked, off the record to the docs, are you getting this for yourself and children( to the one who had them). You know what they said? No. There were medical and scientific reasons that the professionals did not like this vaccine. Part of that reason was the fact that it was rushed and not approved. The medical professionals said that ten years down the line we may start to see the side effects of the vaccines because it was not given the years to be tested. This is unfortunate. We had to have this vaccine out so fast because we just did not have that time to test it. I hope the side effects do not occur and that it will be fine. But it was no quack giving this confirmation that I was doing the right thing for 'myself'.

So in all honesty-if you're not in the age bracket and you're healthy it's probably 'okay' to say no to it. This doesn't mean that I'm brainwashed or that I'm listening to the car salesman. It means that I'm following my own intuition, doing my own research, and finding out the real beliefs of the health professionals-not just what they are taught to sell us.
    It's understandable to be scared of either choice and want to pull down the choice we did not pick in order to feel confident and right in our decision-but the truth of the matter is-both sides have a point and it comes down to your own decision.
    Last edited by Larimar; 01-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.

I just use the same rules for medicines and vaccines as I do for leftovers.

When In Doubt, Toss It Out!

I don't use anything that I don't have miles and miles and whatever backing research over the years that it has been dependable.

For me this flu season it's cleanliness and a healthy diet. Tried and true.

(You ever see those medicines on the television- Cures Depression- may cause suicide) then you get (If you took this bowel cleansing drug and now you have permanent brain damage you could sue!)

Chicken Soup. Now leave it be!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information