Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ace Frehley tonight

  1. #1
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Ace Frehley tonight

    I am surprised not much have been said about this ... A legend guitarist at Kewadin tonight at 7pm

    no opening band from what i understand

    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pleiades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    it's because this section is called musician central, lol

  3. #3
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    it's because this section is called musician central, lol
    should be called Lack of Musician central
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pleiades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    How about lack of musicianship. Too bad Ace couldn't play like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,031

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    it's because this section is called musician central, lol
    Why bother...he don't get it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    How about lack of musicianship. Too bad Ace couldn't play like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0
    why would he want to ?? Michael Romeo sounds like so many other guitarists ... boring Malmsteen wannabee

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy2Nc_6jL_w
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  7. #7
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    have to say though ... Romeo has good taste in influences

    Michael Romeo's introduction to formal music training began with piano lessons when he was 10 years old. He also played clarinet. However, it wasn't until after hearing his first Kiss album that he seriously considered switching to the guitar. He ended up purchasing a cheap acoustic guitar at a garage sale.

    Influenced by Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Rush, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, he became serious about the guitar after listening to the albums Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman from Ozzy Osbourne. He was also heavily influenced by the neoclassical technique and style of Randy Rhoads.
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,031

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Early life

    Michael Romeo's introduction to formal music training began with piano lessons when he was 10 years old. [1] He also played clarinet. However, it wasn't until after hearing his first Kiss album that he seriously considered switching to the guitar. He ended up purchasing a cheap acoustic guitar at a garage sale.

    Influenced by Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Rush, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, [1] he became serious about the guitar after listening to the albums Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman from Ozzy Osbourne. He was also heavily influenced by the neoclassical technique and style of Randy Rhoads. [1] [1]


    ....copy pasted from Wiki......look familiar?
    ....he, he, he....trying to sound like you know something?
    It didn't work.

  9. #9
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    your always one step behind
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,031

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    You say.....I'm lapping you, it!
    You don't know, you don't know.......
    He, He, He.......like candy from a baby.

  11. #11
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    is that how you do it ? you offer candy to children ?
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,031

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    No....I'm talking about you.
    It's a cliche....never heard it?
    I haven't offer you anything, other than some good advise.
    That's quite an imagination......messed up much?

    Edited to say: stroking ace and kiss off the play list is hardly narrow minded.
    You feel bad...how sweet...itiot!
    Last edited by Jack Butler; 11-16-2009 at 10:22 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    have yet to see any good opinion coming from you lol ... your narrow view of music is insulting to those that actually do enjoy good music .. maybe it is your age ... or lack of knowledge .. either way .. I feel bad for you Jackrophiliac
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pleiades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by italiandomino View Post
    why would he want to ?? Michael Romeo sounds like so many other guitarists ... boring Malmsteen wannabee

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy2Nc_6jL_w
    I don't see anyone racing out to buy the latest edition of frehly's instructional video, that's because most children surpass that level of guitar playing after only a few short weeks.

    Wannabe or not, doesn't change the fact that frehly is at the novice level.

  15. #15
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    ohhh .. now it is all about who has the better instructional video LOL

    real guitar players dont need instructional videos ... they are only meant for those that dont have talent to develop their own style lol
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  16. #16
    Senior Member Pleiades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Totally over your head because you're not a musician. The whole point is, why would frehly even come out with an instructional video when he only knows just a few chords. Most kids I've taught were beyond frehly after only a few short weeks of lessons. frehly's strum solos is not talent and thank god not too many players look up to him or there would be no good guitar solos whatsoever and lack of creativity.
    Last edited by Pleiades; 11-22-2009 at 12:03 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    you might learn something from Ace's new instrucation vid

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYQeW...layer_embedded
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

  18. #18
    Senior Member bohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    SAULT STE MARIE, ONTARIO CANADA
    Posts
    1,151

    Talking Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by italiandomino View Post
    you might learn something from Ace's new instrucation vid

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYQeW...layer_embedded
    rudimentary....at best.....check out ANY jeff healey vid....
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,031

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    rudimentary....at best.....check out ANY jeff healey vid....
    He, He.....incredibly lame!
    Check out the tuning vid......it's priceless
    A little tip from the aceter......a very little tip!
    Thanks it.....that made my day!

  20. #20
    Senior Member italiandomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where God wish's he was !!
    Posts
    17,001

    Default Re: Ace Frehley tonight

    DEpends is overflowing again Jackie ?
    Copyrightę 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts