Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need a new tv...

Hybrid View

Default I need a new tv...

What's better, plasma or lcd? Anyone know of any really good deals going on right now? I'm thinking in the 42-46" range.

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Default Re: I need a new tv...

Go See Rich @ Sears and he will tell you the pros and cons for each. Even if you dont end up buying it there he will give you the best advice. Sears will match the competition however...

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Member Of AC/DC View Post
    Go See Rich @ Sears and he will tell you the pros and cons for each. Even if you dont end up buying it there he will give you the best advice. Sears will match the competition however...
    If you do go to Sears it might be best to phone ahead that way you might get service.

mind your own business 6th I was thinking of asking her to shack up!

Banned

Im not sure on rules about crossing the border and such or if its worth it but on Black Friday, walmart will have 42 inch LCD's for 448 bucks.

Is that even good? I mean.. we paid $600 for our 42" at Future Shop. I'm not sure what the exchange/duty fees are but it might be about the same to get one here.

Banned

If you can get one here for that price then that would be better. I thought they were close to a thousand bucks.

http://www2.visions.ca/Catalogue/Cat...x?categoryId=2

Check this website. They have awesome deals and future shop will match their prices.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

Banned

If you buy from future shop and the tv goes on sale in a 1-3 month period do they refund the difference.

Usually refund it within 15ish days.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

Banned

I was wondering just in case they go on some sort of boxing week sale. That would be my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped Jimmy Jamma View Post
    I was wondering just in case they go on some sort of boxing week sale. That would be my luck.
    Even if they did you would probably have to camp out to get one and not worth it in my mind.

Banned

No I mean buy it before christmas and just go in for a refund if it does go on sale. I avoid stores near boxing day. Unless you meant Id have to wait in line for the refund in which case youre right its not worth it. Like when people are willing to stand in line for 6 hours at no frills pushing through tons of people to get pizza pockets for a buck. Not for me.

Most stores have those policies where boxing day or one day sales can not be redeemed on previously purchased merchandise.

Banned

Oh well then. Ya sometimes its just not worth it.

Sony Bravia LCD in that size is ranking tops in Consumers Reports right now. Price is high but quality is great!
    I've been shopping too but I need more important things first.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

IMHO

feb 09..bought plasma..love it...price 1299..Leons

NOW same set...I see advertised for as low as 899

I should have waited.

Plasma is great if you have a need to watch from an angle.

plasma good for dark room, truer blacks, lcd for well lite rooms, lcd can't make black, plasma=power hog compared to lcd-comes down to where it's placed and what you are doing. if you are a gamer do not get plasma, images may burn in cheaper models. plasma is cheaper in the big range 50+inches

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

The electronics area is a small department and he has always been there when I have gone. As for other areas, I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Saultgirl View Post
    What's better, plasma or lcd? Anyone know of any really good deals going on right now? I'm thinking in the 42-46" range.
    I have a 42 inch lcd and i love it. When the wife and i bought ours from the brick they saleman told us that with the plasma tvs you have to get them charged every few yrs and it costs over 100 to have that done. So we went with lcd. Save some hassles down the road.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information