Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need a new tv...

Default Re: I need a new tv...

Quote Originally Posted by hundred_dolla_villian View Post
    I have a 42 inch lcd and i love it. When the wife and i bought ours from the brick they saleman told us that with the plasma tvs you have to get them charged every few yrs and it costs over 100 to have that done. So we went with lcd. Save some hassles down the road.
    Biggest load of BS ive ever heard. Even straight from LG's mouths themselves that isnt true.As I spent a pretty penny on my 46" LG plasma I wanted to get the ins and outs of my tv i bought last year. I had inquired about because if burn in or having to "charge" my tv was going to be an issue, I wanted a service plan from LG directly rather then get raped on the Futureshop service plan. I never got the service plan as the burn in isnt really an issue, it doesnt require "charging" , and LG said providing my foot doesnt go through it or any other physical damage done to it personally they would repair or replace my tv up to 7 years from purchase date.
    Last edited by Upper Decker; 11-19-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

ok, next question: Should I buy any "service plan" and/or warranty that they try to sell with it?

Muntz has some awesome deals right now on Panasonic. They have a 46inch for $899 and it looks awesome.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

In my opinion no, since they drop in price so fast it's not worth having it repaired a couple of years from now.
    And if it required repairs within the next couple of years it's more then likely a crappy tv anyways.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

GRUMPY

I have a 42 inch lcd and i love it. When the wife and i bought ours from the brick they saleman told us that with the plasma tvs you have to get them charged every few yrs and it costs over 100 to have that done. So we went with lcd. Save some hassles down the road.
    the Brick is famous for the lowlife characters they have as salesmen in this village, but luckily the worst ones have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    the Brick is famous for the lowlife characters they have as salesmen in this village, but luckily the worst ones have moved on.
    hahahahahahaha
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

True I guess. I did not think that they had to be charged but I was quoting what the guy at the brick told us. I read up about it and they do not need to be charged. I would still go with LCD before plasma anyways.
    I wanted to shop around for a tv but my wife was shopping for a new sectional and we were at the brick and she saw a 42 inch lcd for 450, it was a great sale so she wanted it and we got it....lol.
    We had to pay a tv tax too when we bought it. I asked the salesguy ( bald dude) if it was true about charging plasmas because i never read up about it and he said it was true and they had to be charged every 6 yrs or so and the cost was just over 100 bucks. I think that they need to educate this dude before he sells anymore tv's.

I got the 52 inch Sharp from Leon's (LC52E77U) and the Sony Amplifier (STRDH800) from Future Shop.
    With my Cerwin Vega 5.1 speakers I am all set for a good home theater experience.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

They need to take that sales man out of the electronics department at the brick!!! I can't believe someone even thinks that you need to "charge a plasma set with gas" I wonder who he is as I want to go in and ask him where in town I charge my plasma set LOLOLOLO....man I hate when I hear about mis guided information from sales people....I am surprised he doesn't tell you you need new crystals in your LCD TV every year....LOLOLOLOO

I have a chance to get a Samsung 42" plasma for $579.00. Is that a good deal?

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by 403_forbidden View Post
    They need to take that sales man out of the electronics department at the brick!!! I can't believe someone even thinks that you need to "charge a plasma set with gas" I wonder who he is as I want to go in and ask him where in town I charge my plasma set LOLOLOLO....man I hate when I hear about mis guided information from sales people....I am surprised he doesn't tell you you need new crystals in your LCD TV every year....LOLOLOLOO
    You mean you don't need to change the crystals? So what am I supposed to do with all these extra crystals I bought????

GRUMPY

throw them at Brick salesmen.

Sorry I'm late.

How about a 65 inch touch screen??

Only 25 big ones.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Banned

Your too much LOL can't get past that I wouln't spend 40 minutes on boxing day talking about a 30 dollar dvd player eh

when I was at the brick I sold hundreds of tv's and never had a complaint. I've sold to ALOT of members on this forum as well. The sony wega lcd projo's were awesome tv, I still have mine after 5 years and it looks sharp as the day I bought it.

Don't listen to Grumpy what he knows about t.v's wouldnt cover the head of a pin. And by pin I mean his head.

LCD and Plasma are both great. Refresh and contrast ratio is what is important now.
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 02-25-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Sorry to say but that Sony 50" Wega lcd rear projection that you sold me is no longer looking so good. The blue is gone and I've already changed the bulb as it warned me it needed..........turns out I'm in need of a colour chip.
    So, for the price of it which is around $1000, I'm most likely going to be buying something different. No more projections, and certainly no more Sony Wegas. It was a problem for them years ago and it was apparently solved, but I guess I got the lucky set.............oh yay for me.
    I'm going lcd but not sure yet which brand, but it has to be thin and hang on a wall.

I don't like plasma as it seems to shadow and isn't as quick as I'd like. I like detail that isn't floaty.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

I adore my plasma, when I get a proper HD signal going through it the picture quality is perfect in my opinion. Bluray movies make it feel like im watching the movie live in a theatre (ie: its a live action play).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A*lil*Loopy View Post
    Sorry to say but that Sony 50" Wega lcd rear projection that you sold me is no longer looking so good. The blue is gone and I've already changed the bulb as it warned me it needed..........turns out I'm in need of a colour chip.
    So, for the price of it which is around $1000, I'm most likely going to be buying something different. No more projections, and certainly no more Sony Wegas. It was a problem for them years ago and it was apparently solved, but I guess I got the lucky set.............oh yay for me.
    I'm going lcd but not sure yet which brand, but it has to be thin and hang on a wall.

I don't like plasma as it seems to shadow and isn't as quick as I'd like. I like detail that isn't floaty.

Sorry to hear you had those issues. I havent had to change the bulb in mine yet. But for the 139 bucks it will cost I'll be doing that instead of buying another.
    I read on the internet that some have issues. Seeing that a plasma and lcd were around the 4000-5000 mark when you bought your tv 5 years ago those werent really an option.
    I had another customer with a colour chip problem after 3 years with their hitachi dlp. They had an extended warranty and it was fixed for free. Some people think the extended warranty's are a rip off. that 300 buck investment saved him 1500 bucks.

We sold about 300 of those tv's over 3 years they were the best on the market. Your the first one in town I've heard had a problem. Now as mine they are not available for purchase the flat screens are here and selling for 700 bucks

Whats the deal with the refresh rate on Plasmas? I believe my 52 Panasonic Plasma is claimed to be 500 or something yet the only option when my computer is hooked to it is 60 hz.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra54 View Post
    Whats the deal with the refresh rate on Plasmas? I believe my 52 Panasonic Plasma is claimed to be 500 or something yet the only option when my computer is hooked to it is 60 hz.
    Does it look ok?? I've never seen a tv that size hooked up to a computer. Could make WOW really fun

It looks and works terrific. I use a dvi - hdmi adapter also.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information