Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hepatitis C

Default Hepatitis C

Ok, everyone knows I'm a stickler for details soooo.

I was fortunate enough to have been invited and attended a seminar held by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in regards to Hep C in our community. Was disappointed that others in my field didn't make an appearance as some were invited.

Here is a wonderful link that I encourage EVERYONE to go to and fill out the questionnaire that assesses your risk for Hep C.
    Currently in Algoma, there are 1,735 recorded cases, pretty scarey especially since you can safely almost double that because most people don't know they have it.

This also is an ABSOLUTE necessity for those with tattoos and piercings!! I'm sharing information, not bashing, so take care of yourself and check it out.

Hepatitis C self assessment
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Default Re: Hepatitis C

Thanks Mods, I know everyone looks in here for this stuff.
    Doesn't really matter anyway, I know most people are too afraid to even look into it.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

Thank You Loopy, I did the self assesment, it was ineteresting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I agree with ya on the numbers before I started at my job last yr I never new that hep c was around as much and the few that I ran into with other serious conditions that from looking at them you would never no just amazed me, if I was single and younger I would not even think twice about no glove no love. But like we where when we where younger thinking it wont happen to me is a scary thought.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a le$bian looks at me they think Thats why Im not a heterosexual

Very interesting test. Brought up some points that I wouldn't have really thought twice about. Thanks a lil loopy!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information