Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rip off

Default Rip off

Anyone see someone trying to sell Super Mario Bros Wii for 250$??? That is just disgusting... I pray no one buys it so the d-bag has to keep it...

Default Re: Rip off

does it come with a free prostitute?
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Quote Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
    does it come with a free prostitute?
    haha I seen that when I posted my Wii. I actually thought of calling the number and setting up a fake meeting.
    <insert witty comment here>

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian13 View Post
    haha I seen that when I posted my Wii. I actually thought of calling the number and setting up a fake meeting.
    You obviously have nothing better to do than harass people by the looks of things.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

I payed alot less than that at a game store here in town. To freakin funny I cant beleave someone would try and get that much just for a game,are you sure it does not include the Wii console?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoodhippie View Post
    I payed alot less than that at a game store here in town. To freakin funny I cant beleave someone would try and get that much just for a game,are you sure it does not include the Wii console?
    This is a cut and paste of the article:

I have one copy of "New Super Mario Bros." for the Wii. This game is sold out everywhere (and very rare)! This is on the top of any Wii owners list this xmas.

$250.00 - OBO (Brand New Sealed)

call B.J. 254-6380

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
    You obviously have nothing better to do than harass people by the looks of things.
    And by the looks of things, some people just like to make money off of others by selling rare items.

And by the looks of things, some people just like to make money off of others by selling rare items.
    Why is it any of your business? If you spent as much time as you do worrying about what others do in their life at looking for a job you would actually have one.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

Why is it any of your business? If you spent as much time as you do worrying about what others do in their life at looking for a job you would actually have one.
    It is my business because it is illegal in some cases and it is my duty as a citizen to report such activity to the police.

It is my business because it is illegal in some cases and it is my duty as a citizen to report such activity to the police.
    Well for your information I refunded all the money that I sold the 4 Kiss tickets to the 2 people that bought them.
    I am sure I also seen in a past thread that you have a modded gaming system which for your information is also illegal. Also for your information it is illegal to collect assistance and spending your days on the internet instead of out looking for a job which you are capable of performing.

Well for your information I refunded all the money that I sold the 4 Kiss tickets to the 2 people that bought them.
    I am sure I also seen in a past thread that you have a modded gaming system which for your information is also illegal. Also for your information it is illegal to collect assistance and spending your days on the internet instead of out looking for a job which you are capable of performing.
    Show me the law where it says that selling a modded system is illegal. I also spend my time looking for jobs but there are only so many places that you can hand out resumes before you have to sit back and wait for someone to call or to call back. Job searching doesnt yield overnight results. I also invite you to report me to the OW office if you strongly believe that I am not looking for jobs. Chances are you wont

Show me the law where it says that selling a modded system is illegal. I also spend my time looking for jobs but there are only so many places that you can hand out resumes before you have to sit back and wait for someone to call or to call back. Job searching doesnt yield overnight results. I also invite you to report me to the OW office if you strongly believe that I am not looking for jobs. Chances are you wont
    A modded system is stealing games that you did not pay for. You are modifying a system so that you can use and play games that you have no legal right to use and you did not pay for so you are stealing. It is theft/fraud and against the law.
    Fraud
    Deceitful or deceptive conduct designed to manipulate another person to give something of value.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...37125771.shtml

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/200...eaking-arrest/

http://news.cnet.com/Canada-shutters..._3-945540.html

As for OW maybe I will make that call Monday morning.
    Last edited by Evil Monkey; 12-19-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Modding systems to use pirated games is illegal but using modded systems to use backed up games that you own is not illegal. When selling such a unit, the purchaser has the choice of using it to play illegal games or not. As long as I am not advertising the unit to play illegal games, I can sell it any way I want at any price I want. As for OW, go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian13 View Post
    modding systems to use pirated games is illegal but using modded systems to use backed up games that you own is not illegal. When selling such a unit, the purchaser has the choice of using it to play illegal games or not. As long as i am not advertising the unit to play illegal games, i can sell it any way i want at any price i want. As for ow, go right ahead.
    It is FRAUD

The system was modified to play backup games which are copyrighted and you have no right to copy them in the first place!

It is FRAUD

The system was modified to play backup games which are copyrighted and you have no right to copy them in the first place!
    Canadian law states that you can make digital back ups of any media that you own. If it was illegal, than how could I obtain a mod chip by an otherwise well known online retailer, and get it shipped to Canada?

You need special software in order to "break into" your legal copy of that game to back it up. That game is also copy written by the manufacturer. You only have the legal right to use that one copy you purchased. You have no right to hack into that game and make a back up copy as it is illegal to hack the copy written games. Spin it however you want it is fraud and illegal.

because the chip itself is not illegal its what you do with it. give up 13 this isn't a fight you will win IMO

In Canada, Modchips are legal to purchase and own as a mod chip. Installing it into your system then hacking the games or making copies of something which is not your intellectual property or copy written is against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthetwins View Post
    because the chip itself is not illegal its what you do with it. give up 13 this isn't a fight you will win IMO
    If the chip itself isnt illegal, also knowing what the purpose of that chip is, wouldnt the sale of said console be considered legal. If mod chips are used to play pirated games, than why arent they illegal? The reason is because the owner cannot guess what the purchaser is going to do with said chip or console. I cannot predict that the person that is going to buy my Wii is going to use it for illegal purposes.

Take guns for instance. You take a guy who wants to buy a gun. We all know guns have the potential to kill people. Knowing that, why is the sale of guns to private citizens not illegal? Its because the shop owner cant be sure whether the gun will be used to kill someone, or kill a deer legally.

If the chip itself isnt illegal, also knowing what the purpose of that chip is, wouldnt the sale of said console be considered legal. If mod chips are used to play pirated games, than why arent they illegal? The reason is because the owner cannot guess what the purchaser is going to do with said chip or console. I cannot predict that the person that is going to buy my Wii is going to use it for illegal purposes.

Take guns for instance. You take a guy who wants to buy a gun. We all know guns have the potential to kill people. Knowing that, why is the sale of guns to private citizens not illegal? Its because the shop owner cant be sure whether the gun will be used to kill someone, or kill a deer legally.
    If you are selling it is as modded then you are breaking the law cause you in fact know what that chip in the console is used for there by breaking the law. You installed a chip knowing full well that it is used for illegal activities for fraudulent reasons. You as the seller are in contravention of the law and are fully aware of the fraudulent activities the purchaser can commit as you installed the mod chip knowing it is capable of performing illegal activities by stealing copy written property.
    Gun sales are regulated by the government. Not just anyone can go out and by a gun and the shop keeper is not responsible for what happens when that gun leaves. The government through licensing has allowed the shop owner to sell that gun only to those that posses said license. The government is now responsible as they issued the license for permission to buy the firearm. Two separate things and it is like comparing apples to oranges.
    A citizen buys a gun legally with a license and you are selling a game system that you illegally modified to obtain copy written material fraudulently.

Also good to see that I am that much of an influence on you that you have the same avatar as I do. I feel so special now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information