Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pine street marina's NEEDS

Default Pine street marina's NEEDS

Fish cleaning hut

Lets get after all councillors for a fish cleaning hut (elections coming)

Default Re: Pine street marina's NEEDS

Sounds like a waste of money that could be spent on better things.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

I usually clean mine right on the boat. Would a hut not create a logistics problem? You know, jurisdiction, who cleans, maintains, garbage, cost of operation the list would be endless.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Go to any small town in Mi. with a marina and you'll find a fish cleaning station

75% of the boats parked at pine street marina are fishing

So there is a need and it would see service?
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I usually clean mine right on the boat. Would a hut not create a logistics problem? You know, jurisdiction, who cleans, maintains, garbage, cost of operation the list would be endless.
    i hate bringing whole fish home and i do clean them in the boat at times...but the disposal of 'OFFAL' as stated in the dnr regs , is illegal in the states.
    for the life of me i can never understand how these small michigan towns can afford boat ramps, no charge, fish cleaning stations, no charge!! sault ste marie ont,,,,$6.00 for a boat launch??? we do not have to look far in order to see somethings done right...did you ever notice how many tourists frequent sault michigan around salmon season..? ever wonder why? we had a nice fish hatchery here on the water but our ding bat city council thought it was costing too much to operate...IF YOU HAVE FISH....THEY WILL COME!!!!
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

As I said someone would need secure the land, build the ramp, hut, whatever, then insure it so as to avoid having their a$$ sued off should someone get hurt or die while fishing because you enabled them to do so.

Land, say $40,000.00
    Ramp, oh I dunno, say $20,000.00
    Hut, say $2,000.00
    Insurance say $100.00 per month
    Minimum wage for a body $20,000.00
    First year operation approximately $94,000.00 then ongoing costs for wages, repairs, sick days, holidays and any law suits because some guy from Alabama slipped and broke his leg due to your minimum wage employee not cleaning up. Welcome to Canada EH!
    Joseph Joubert

Land Ramp,insurance all in place at pine street fool

I'm sure the city already has a small building 12' x 12' that could be moved there

lets get after our alderman on this matter

Bohd could use ur help

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Land Ramp,insurance all in place at pine street fool

I'm sure the city already has a small building 12' x 12' that could be moved there

lets get after our alderman on this matter

Bohd could use ur help
    FOOL! Nice, then ask for help?
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    but the disposal of 'OFFAL' as stated in the dnr regs , is illegal in the states.
    Never having fished in American waters I've never heard of this one. I clean and feed the gulls, wrong again! I have noticed though that quite a few boat launches in the States are unregulated in the respect they seem more a common boat drop than a "ramp" as such. You know, dirt, gravel, grass and empties. Here we seem to go "all out" then recoup the outlay be it private or government.
    Your idea has merit and should you get a petition going let me know. I would sign without hesitation.
    Joseph Joubert

Calling someone a fool while offering help is pretty ignorant in my books.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

U do mean the guy with the $94,000 cost hahahahahahaha

Thumbs down Re: Pine street marina's NEEDS

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Never having fished in American waters I've never heard of this one. I clean and feed the gulls, wrong again! I have noticed though that quite a few boat launches in the States are unregulated in the respect they seem more a common boat drop than a "ramp" as such. You know, dirt, gravel, grass and empties. Here we seem to go "all out" then recoup the outlay be it private or government.
    Your idea has merit and should you get a petition going let me know. I would sign without hesitation.
    as you have already stated, quite a few boat launches in the states....how many boat launches do we have from here to wawa? not counting the ones made for native fisherman, ie gros cap, goulais mission, batchawana village..one at harmony is a joke...no paved ramp no lights, launch is straight on into the prevailing winds..its pathetic...i would take ANY u.s boat lauch , compared to ours!!
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    as you have already stated, quite a few boat launches in the states....how many boat launches do we have from here to wawa? not counting the ones made for native fisherman, ie gros cap, goulais mission, batchawana village..one at harmony is a joke...no paved ramp no lights, launch is straight on into the prevailing winds..its pathetic...i would take ANY u.s boat lauch , compared to ours!!
    There IS one at Harmony? I rarely use a launch as I tend to go with the way I feel when fishing which can get me into some interesting spots re boat launching. It's not nearly as bad now with the 4x4 but I can still frig things up on occasion.
    Joseph Joubert

get petition, i would sign, i think i know more who also would as they fish there too, only thing is where do they store the carcass's till garbage day, in summer that min wage ( or over paid under worked) city worker misses swapping garbages fora a few days/or users dont rinse there is the maggot problem, think of garbage and cleaning and have a hose in there to rinse, great idea

I asked a councillor about a cleaning station at Pine street Marina,He thought It was a good idea,only 1 problem.I was the 1st person to bring this up to him,not much demand from the public

So much for a fish cleaning station

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information