Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jugular Pain

Default Jugular Pain

Hey guys I've been getting a sharp pain in my right side jugular it lasts for a few minutes then goes away then it it won't happen again for another day or two. When this pain happens the vein pulsates fast in the area of the pain and from time to time I get dizzy. Right now as it's hurting it's causing a bit of an earache. Have any of you had something like this happen before? I really hate going down to emerge unless I absolutely have to and I'm not exactly sure what to think of this.

Default Re: Jugular Pain

I would get a check up for sure.
    Whimsical and Determined!

Do you know if you have high cholesterol? My sister is an RN and she said if you have high cholesterol there can be plaque build up that can cause that. She said either way, jugular pain is serious.
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

It's been a couple years since my cholesterol was checked and it wasn't high at the time. Honestly i'd be surprised if it wasn't high now.

I have had something similar. I let it go for about a year, then finally decided to question my doctor about it on one of my visits. He asked me a ton of questions and came up with a diagnosis of Carotidynia. All of my symptoms made sense when I did my research about this. Here is a link with some information about the carotidynia for you if you are interested:

http://www.headache-adviser.com/carotidynia.html

I would however, suggest you see your doctor. As was mentioned, being seen by your Doctor (or A doctor if you don't have one) should definitely be a top priority.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Go see or call your Dr, go to 1 of the walk-in-clinics, or to the hospital. If you don't want to any of those things at least call tele-health.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information