Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Numbness in the foot?

Seraph

Default Numbness in the foot?

Before anyone looks at me and tells me to take this boy to the doctor, my boyfriend is one of those guys who just does not do that.

So I want to figure out what could be causing his leg to go numb for the last three days, it's like asleep. No feeling in part of it from knee to foot.
    It does not hurt so he does not think it's serious but I do. So does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or what I should be googling?

Default Re: Numbness in the foot?

poor circulation especially if it gets cold or changes colour

You may find these links helpful. My first instinct when I read of his symptoms was to think sciatica.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sciatica/DS00516

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003206.htm
    "The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

why can't you con**** all your medical text?
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

"The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

blood clots
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    blood clots
    Based on the description of symptoms that the OP gave, I would tend to disagree with the possibility of DVT (blood clot in the leg). That is just my opinion though.

Here is some information about DVT though, in case anyone was interested:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/radiculopathy/article.htm

Senior Member Blue Lotus Rising's Avatar

blood clots
    Seriously, that's your answer?
    All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

~Kahlil Gibran~

yes, dr. lotus, it is. sorry if i am not a professional, i guess you should see a doctor instead of asking strangers on the internet. my birthcontrol package says blood clots can cause numbness so i just went with that.
    Last edited by bluekrissyspikes; 01-16-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Senior Member Blue Lotus Rising's Avatar

yes, dr. lotus, it is. sorry if i am not a professional, i guess you should see a doctor instead of asking strangers on the internet. my birthcontrol package says blood clots can cause numbness so i just went with that.
    Lmao ty patient krissy.
    All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

~Kahlil Gibran~

Seraph

Ok still going back to read links, he thinks it's a pinched nerve in his back.
    He can move his foot to point it down, but not to point it up.

Last night he was sweating but had no fever symptoms other than shaking and being very hot/cold feeling with a normal temperature.
    When we went to bed he was cold and his feet were hotter than mine, and he was sweating.

I don't know what's wrong but thanks for the links I'll be reading them!

Oh I also went as far as to test his blood sugar. 5.5 an hour after a meal.

Yeah I don't think it's sciatica because he's in no pain what so ever from this.

Radiculopathy still looks like what we're leaning toward.

We thought blood clots for a while but there would be more symptoms than just numbness right?
    Last edited by Seraph; 01-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Seraph

You were right, Fyre does not have any degrees, just thinks she knows everything.
    We were thinking it was a blood clot too. And I can't ask a doctor because well, I'm not the patient and even if I pretend to be him on telehealth they just say "go to the hospital" no matter what's wrong these days. And he won't go!
    Last edited by Seraph; 01-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    We thought blood clots for a while but there would be more symptoms than just numbness right?
    Right

You were right, Fyre does not have any degrees, just thinks she knows everything.
    Fyre? I don't see anything in this thread posted by Fyre? Am I missing something here?

We were thinking it was a blood clot too. And I can't ask a doctor because well, I'm not the patient and even if I pretend to be him on telehealth they just say "go to the hospital" no matter what's wrong these days. And he won't go!
    sorry i didn't mean that to you. i thought by that guys name he might be your bf but obviously not...lol

Seraph

sorry i didn't mean that to you. i thought by that guys name he might be your bf but obviously not...lol
    No, it's ok. That's Fyre's other sign in name.

No, it's ok. That's Fyre's other sign in name.
    Funny that when I decide to take a break from here I still get accused of things. May want to check your sources before you throw out accusations!
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

~Friedrich Nietzsche~

Seraph

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Funny that when I decide to take a break from here I still get accused of things. May want to check your sources before you throw out accusations!
    That's funny how you log on to post here. Someone with pagan attitudes who's met me in real life and does not like me.

Hmm concidering I've only met You, NDP, NoCasa, Mboy, DQ and Zed from soonet who the heck else would it be.

That was me Seraph - Arctic Blue that just posted under Fyre - so, technically, no it wasn't Blue Lotus Rising or not who you thought anyhow. Guess it got confusing having two people posting under one name. Problem solved now though since we've got our own! Hope some of the information that I have posted was helpful though.

Seraph

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlue View Post
    That was me Seraph - Arctic Blue that just posted under Fyre - so, technically, no it wasn't Blue Lotus Rising or not who you thought anyhow. Guess it got confusing having two people posting under one name. Problem solved now though since we've got our own! Hope some of the information that I have posted was helpful though.
    Yeah I never let anyone else post under my name.
    Yes what you posted has been very helpful. When he gets back here I'm going to show him the links you sent me about the possibility that he could have pinched a nerve in his back.

Maybe after reading that page his ideas about going to see a doctor will change! He's getting way too cute gimping around here. I need my big strong protector type back haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information