Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow account hack going around

Default Wow account hack going around

If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from Blizzard and informs you your wow account password was recently changed and asks you to login to the online recovery site if you did NOT change it : it's an attempt to grab your password.

The e-mail looks very legitimate and even sends you to the real wow web site so you can use the real password recovery tool from Blizzard.

How they exactly do it I don't know, but there's 2 things that give it away :

Spelling error :
    "we recommend you Login verify your password"

email x-header : Return-Path: <donky_boy12@hotmail.com>

Google on that email address takes away any doubt.

I think it's a fairly new one as I have not been able to find any reference on Google about it.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Senior Member Nihilistic Heathen's Avatar

Default Re: Wow account hack going around

That is not as bad as this one...

Today, we are do all activities of the World of Warcraft accounts a routine check.
    We have evidence to show that your account transactions involved in the disputed.
    Please visit our web site as soon as possible to clarify http://www.worldofwarcraft.com otherwise we will lock your account
    One can be a true believer in anything: psychic ability, Christianity or, as Bertrand Russell classically suggested (with irony), in the fact there is a teapot orbiting the earth. I could believe any of those things with total conviction. But my conviction doesn't make them true. Indeed, it is something of an insult to the very truth I might hold dear to say that something is true just because I believe it is. ~Derren Brown

Try getting in game message saying... We're GM and your account been compromised.... please go to this site.

Get an authenticator and don't answer messages that direct you to a website in game. No hacks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information