Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vaccinations

Default Vaccinations

What ages do kids get vaccinations. My son starts school in sept and my daughter is 20 months old. I have gotten their shots up to date but I don't recall them telling me when the nexts ones r suppose to b.

Default Re: Vaccinations

1st- 2 months
    2nd- 4 months
    3rd- 6 months
    4th- 12 months
    5th -15 months
    6th-18 months
    7th- 4-6 years old
    8th- 12 yrs old
    9th -14-16 yrs old
    after the 9th one, it is every 10 years after.

I got this info off my daughters yellow immunization record booklet thingy. If you want to know what needles they get at each one I can let you know that as well. If you have a 20 month old daughter you should have this same booklet. You have to give it to the doctor at every immunization.

you do? i never have. my kids don't even have one of those booklets
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Here I ll post a pic of it. The nurse my daughter sees said they have to have this to keep track of their needles.

They are a little blurry and i have stuff over her name and HC number..lol

What needle do they get a 12 years? When I had to provide my daughter's immunization for school, I was talking with an AHU nurse, and she did not mention one for 12 years. She said my oldest would need his next one at 15 years. This was during the summer we saw her. I take my youngest for her next one in the summer. She said around 4.5 was a good time.

according to the yellow booklet i showed at 12yrs old is a hepatitis b vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    What needle do they get a 12 years? When I had to provide my daughter's immunization for school, I was talking with an AHU nurse, and she did not mention one for 12 years. She said my oldest would need his next one at 15 years. This was during the summer we saw her. I take my youngest for her next one in the summer. She said around 4.5 was a good time.
    That's one they get at school in grade 6, the Hep B shot.
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

12 years old is the hep B shot...
    I know I said it before but I figured 3 times a charm..lol..either that or there's one heck of a echo in here

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    you do? i never have. my kids don't even have one of those booklets
    im surprised you do not have a booklet, the nurse said every kid has to have one to keep track of their shots and for school to prove they are up to date. They give it to you the first time they go for the shots. You should ask your doctor, cause im pretty sure you need it.

If your kids were vaccinated outside of Ontario as babies, they wouldn't have received one of those yellow fold-up schedules. We didn't get one until they started receiving shots here in Ontario and I ASKED for one. They were born in BC, and we had a booklet with all their shots recorded from there.

algoma health unit has all my kids shots on file. i never got a card.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

no ones ever mentioned it to me before and my doctors office didn't give me one. i guess i can ask next time but if it were important why wouldn't they tell everyone about it. i mean, my oldest is ten and she's never had an issue with not having one.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    no ones ever mentioned it to me before and my doctors office didn't give me one. i guess i can ask next time but if it were important why wouldn't they tell everyone about it. i mean, my oldest is ten and she's never had an issue with not having one.
    My doctor had the kids' cards in his files for them. When they got vaccinated he would write it down in the booklet and I never asked for it. When the school asked for the information about their vaccinations I called the doctor (and Algoma Health for the ones done by the school), asked when they had what and wrote it down. I only have the booklets for two of the four kids and never had a problem before. (The two I have the booklets for are 17 and 19 and they wanted them for college).
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

I had a booklet for me when I was just a little rugrat.

It is kept track of on file though, so you don't have to worry about them messing up any of your vaccinations. I had one of my Hep A shots done before Jamaica in October, and they knew based on checking out my file that I had not received my tet**** in about 13 years. Lovely nurse made me roll up my other sleeve.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information