Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mass Effect 2

Default Mass Effect 2

Anyone else getting this. I was a late starter and bought and finished Mass Effect 1 a month ago. Needless to say I enjoyed the hell out of it and I can't wait foe the second installment. It appears to be getting very favourable reviews and not from mainstream gaming sites alone. Time Magazine had this to say:
    "
    The state of the art in grand-scale, two-disc space operas, Mass Effect 2 picks up two years after the end of the first installment of its galactic-noir story line. With beefier combat added to the role-playing, it's the Avatar of video games except it's better written.

Default Re: Mass Effect 2

I have not finished Dragon age origins yet. This one will be next on my list.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Now that ive got a 360 controller for the pc i finally get to enjoy so many games ive missed over the past year. Trying to play a lot of the crossplatform PC/360 games with a mouse/keyboard was like pushing your car to work, sure you can do it but its completely impractical lol.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

I picked up my PC collectors edition. Very nic indeed. I have nver seen any game receive so many high scores before. Here's another Avatar reference from ABC news.
    Overall, "Mass Effect" is sophisticated, thought-provoking science fiction that makes "Avatar" look simple-minded. So soon after last year's "Dragon Age: Origins," it confirms the status of the BioWare team as the best storytellers in video games.

SO?? How is it?

I thinking Borderlands is the closest game type I've played to this one. I was hoping to see some quick reviews.

What do you think of it? Good MP client?

Havent gotten a chance to try it since there isnt a demo for it, and im not about to shell out 70 bucks on a game that might possibly suck. Been trying to download it but it seems bittorrent has been crap at best recently. On another note bioshock 2 was a damn fine game.

So far I'm really enjoying Bioshock 2.

What about you Ultra, play Mass Effect 2 yet?

I played it a bit, but I don't see myself getting into it.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

I'm almost done it and I love it. As far as the might suck thing, I understand that a positive review might be chalked up to differing tastes but 200 enthusiastic reviews might mean you are safe in shelling out 70 bucks. I think it got over 40 perfect scores and in my humble opinion it deserves great praise. Maybe not a perfect score but damn close. It is a nice mix of RPG and shooter elements and not only that, you have the option of banging all the girls in your party for kicks. It actually leans more towards a shooter if that helps you any. You are faced with several moral choices and the outcome of those choices changes the way the game plays out.You're never quit sure the outcome of those choices either as it isn't obvious by the choices you're presented what the repercussions might be based on those choices. I got a little side tracked with STALKER: Call of Prypiat and the contrast between these two game highlights the almost hollywood like production values of Mass Effect 2 vs the quirky/ bugginess of Stalker. This being said there is something that draws me to STALKER, maybe the poor story telling, steep learning curve, or just the difficulty creates a challenge to figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by filthy View Post
    So far I'm really enjoying Bioshock 2.
    Have you found multiplayer to be extremely laggy? I havent given it much of a chance yet, but the few matches I did get into were brutal. Beat it on medium/good so far, going to go through it evil/hard next.

I've read all of this thread,and mass effect sounds good and looks good. is it worth 70 bucks?................all in all i'm looking for a good in-depth FPS,taking suggestions.
    That's what she said !

If thats what you are looking for than youre in the wrong thread since Mass Effect 2 is a 3rd person game.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information