Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: omg I spit out my soup! Pay toll at garden river?

Default Re: omg I spit out my soup! Pay toll at garden river?

I am part native as well. My grandmother was taken from her parents and put into residential schools and adopted by "white people" my people were scalped and abused too, but do you see me crying about it? I have NOTHING against natives of any band, BUT as someone else said, dont cry about the way you used to live until you grow your hair nice and long to show some native pride, until you go live in the bush NOT homes we paid for you to live in. Stay the heck off of the roads we terrible "white people" paid for and created and start doing the regular rituals again. Dont come on our land and make a briggade, dont buy snazzy tvs etc. with the money we are giving you for other peoples sins, because TVs have NOTHING to do with what you lost! If you care so much why arent you doing all of the other things your ancestors have lost? Again, I am native myself, I never went and got a status card because I dont believe that we should suffer for the sins of our forefathers. I full fledge agree that what was done was disgusting and horrible, but I didnt do it. I wouldnt pay someones elses speeding ticket, so why should I pay for ancestors sins?

What good will this toll booth do? So now NO ONE in their right mind is going to go into Garden River and buy things from their stores, and that new golf course they put in is going to get a lot less people now. Say g'bye to the local business as you know it IMO. I dont think they will go under but dont expect the same! You lost one heck of a lot of tourists.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

hmmm where is this posted?? in the news?

oops - ok so i found it

K
    eep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to. ~ Author Unknown ~

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
    ~ Author Unknown ~

I'm sure to get banned if I say anything ...so I won't

hey look - thats where i'm from!!!

K
    eep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to. ~ Author Unknown ~

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
    ~ Author Unknown ~

Quote Originally Posted by tippikitty View Post
    Getting out the popcorn...this is gonna be good.
    I.ll grab the beers

I wonder who really was here first?
    I guess it only matters if you admit to having taken over another nation... if you keep it quiet, no one has to know right?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Someone mentioned it before. Who cares what happened before, if you are going to dwell on it you are going to be stuck in. Honour what exists now, and move on!!!!

There are people out there that are severely abused as children. The ones who dwell on it do not lead a great life. Those who look past it tend to move on well!

Every successful native I have met, as moved on. They all have said "You know, it's the past. It wasn't you nor I in the battle." All the ones I know that are not doing so well are the ones who still hang on to this "You stole my land". It's like a scapegoat.

mammoths were here first and they were not put on reserves and hand fed. they were hunted to extinction. not saying that's what we should do here. just saying.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by tired-n-cranky; 02-03-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Very obvious why.
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

Why do people listen to all this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dreid View Post
    I am part native as well. My grandmother was taken from her parents and put into residential schools and adopted by "white people" my people were scalped and abused too, but do you see me crying about it? I have NOTHING against natives of any band, BUT as someone else said, dont cry about the way you used to live until you grow your hair nice and long to show some native pride, until you go live in the bush NOT homes we paid for you to live in. Stay the heck off of the roads we terrible "white people" paid for and created and start doing the regular rituals again. Dont come on our land and make a briggade, dont buy snazzy tvs etc. with the money we are giving you for other peoples sins, because TVs have NOTHING to do with what you lost! If you care so much why arent you doing all of the other things your ancestors have lost? Again, I am native myself, I never went and got a status card because I dont believe that we should suffer for the sins of our forefathers. I full fledge agree that what was done was disgusting and horrible, but I didnt do it. I wouldnt pay someones elses speeding ticket, so why should I pay for ancestors sins?

What good will this toll booth do? So now NO ONE in their right mind is going to go into Garden River and buy things from their stores, and that new golf course they put in is going to get a lot less people now. Say g'bye to the local business as you know it IMO. I dont think they will go under but dont expect the same! You lost one heck of a lot of tourists.

Well said!

I was looking forward to trying the new golf course when it opens. I, for one won't be supporting that golf course now and I don't think I'm alone about that. Damned if I will pay a toll to get there, and then pay more to golf on the reserve.

That land for the highway was bought and paid for by the government. To make a toll for people to cross through should be punishable by law

GRUMPY

I have no intention of playing there because they will screw it up like every other thing they do then blame the white man when it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Perfect solution.........Ship them all off to the Yukon and be done with it!! I'd be the happiest person in the world!!!
    How about we make the planet happy and ship you back up yo momma's hiny

For one, the Natives aren't dwelling, everyone sooooo has that wrong! If the government is breaking their own laws and rules which they do with everything anyhow as in, not honouring the no tax treaties by implementing HST, not honouring the hassel free border crossing treaties, the list goes on and on for miles and miles, then the Natives have every right to break their agreement with the highways. Enough said...

Where did you find this info? I have to leave today to go to sudbury. Family members whos live down there were in a tragic accident and passed away yesterday.Do we have to pay toll in GR right now? or they want to have this happen? That a bunch of BS. Asking for toll. gheez.

GRUMPY

just drive on through as its just more bull sh*t and then they wonder why they get no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    For one, the Natives aren't dwelling, everyone sooooo has that wrong! If the government is breaking their own laws and rules which they do with everything anyhow as in, not honouring the no tax treaties by implementing HST, not honouring the hassel free border crossing treaties, the list goes on and on for miles and miles, then the Natives have every right to break their agreement with the highways. Enough said...
    as for hassle free boarder passing, why should the USA have to follow this treaty? they have a right to protect their country any way they deem necessary do they not? unless it is the Canadian border control, then I have no retort separate from the idea that if the Native's feel their treaty is being ignored, they should go through correct procedures rather than retaliation otherwise they may also risk breaking treaty and therefore abolishing it. There are repercussions for breaching treaties I believe through the UN (not 100% sure as I am no expert on the matter)
    the question then becomes... Is this a good thing?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    then they wonder why they get no respect.
    i completely agree
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I think that for all the BS my people have had to endure over the last few hundred years not stopping short at murder and defamation, including being completely robbed of our way of life that all the immigrants who call themselves Canadian can go back to Europe if they don't like it.
    First Nation means we were here first so deal with it.
    perhaps you need to go back and live in teepee's. leave the past out of it, NONE of US where there.
    We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey

Well I see things haven't change since I left here....
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information