Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serious problems

Default Serious problems

Monday, February 15, 2010

I had a meeting with my employer last Thursday February 11, 2010.
    He kept insisting that I answered "yes" to "Are you refusing light duty" at our first meeting on Monday February 1, 2010 at 8 04 AM.
    Then he asked me: "Do you remember me asking you “Sylvain, Are you refusing light duty and you answered "yes"?"
    When I answer "no" to that question, that's when he got upset and told me "you’re full of ****" then send me out of his office telling me that he would fight this vigurosly.
    On the next day,Fri, February 12, 2010 at: 9 56 AM he sent me an e-mail

Sylvain I must say I am extremely frustrated here.your supervisor offered you modified and so did I. On both occasions you REFUSED the work and said you have too much talent to perform those duties. Sylvain we are trying to work within your limitations. I asked you again yesterday regarding modified and you LIED to me and said we did not offer modified duties to you.

This behavior is unacceptable. We will update your file with this.

Your current FAF expires today and we need a new one ASAP to evaluate your situation.

The sentence "you LIED to me and said we did not offer modified duties to you." Never happened, it was never said.
    I do believe that telling someone "you’re full of ****" is considered as unacceptable behavior.

I stayed calm since the begining of all this. But I don't know how long I can take this.

I hurt myself working there.
    I didn’t use company time to go see the doctor and get x-rays done.
    I tried to achieve the racking project till the end regardless of a shortage of man power and safety till the pain became unbearable.
    From our first meeting (owner and I) the owner is putting words in my mouth.
    I never refused light duty to my supervisor.
    I didn't refuse to the owner either.
    All I did is to suggest using my skills to reorganise the maintenance department which I was asked by my supervisor 2 months ago.
    Since then, Rumors are flying aroud that I got fired because I refused light duty.
    I been told that I'm a liar.
    I been told that I'm full of ****.
    I have documented everything and recorded all conversations.
    I want all this to stop but I don't know what to do or not sure on how to do it anymore.
    I tried to explain to WSIB about the situation and they just don’t want to hear it saying that their decision is made.
    I called the worker's adviser and been told to wait for the decision letter from WSIB.
    I talk to the labor board and they told me that they don't deal with that matter.
    At this point, I really don't want to go back to work for that company. I lost complete trust.
    They have been lying to me since day one and it has to stop.
    Please somebody help.

Default Re: Serious problems

find work at a different place. if you were injured on the job you should be eligable for some sort of benefits from that, along with unemployment until you can find other work. or you could go on odsp if you are disabled. don't let them walk all over you. have you talked to a lawyer?
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

From personal experience do not post work related issues on a public forum if you want your job back it will come back to bite you in the rear. Second if its not a labour board issue contact human rights and they can advise you from there.

According to WSIB legislative changes in 2005, offers of modified duties must be made in writing and signed by the employee to be accepted or declined. Your employer does not have a leg to stand on if there is no written refusal or offer. See a lawyer.

http://www.wsib.on.ca/wsib/wsibsite.nsf/public/Appeals

You will find some useful information here as well.
    Last edited by Tutones; 02-21-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

how long have you been working there?? is this your first claim?? was your workmanship good?
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

At this point, I really don't want to go back to work for that company. I lost complete faith and trust.
    Thank you so much for the input.

Q: How long have you been working there?? A: I got hired by __________on Wednesday September 30, 2009
    Q: Is this your first claim?? A: Never had a claim with them before.
    Q: Was your workmanship good? A: My work standards and ethics are very professional. I Strive to do the job right the first time and I'm a strong believer in regards to preventive maintenance and H&S .

This information is awesome. Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate.
    You just made my day!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information