Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Super Sunday" Predictions

Default "Super Sunday" Predictions

Russia 3 Czech Rep 2

Canada 4 US 2

Sweden 3 Finland 2
    "The modern atheist is always angered when he hears anything said about God and religion - he would be incapable of such a resentment if God were only a myth"

-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

GRUMPY

Default Re: "Super Sunday" Predictions

agree with you except game for the second

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    agree with you except game for the second
    What's your prediction?
    "The modern atheist is always angered when he hears anything said about God and religion - he would be incapable of such a resentment if God were only a myth"

GRUMPY

same as you except that the US should take Canada with little trouble.till Canada gets past the idea that winning gold in hockey is a birth right they will always come up short. the last gold they won was a freak occurrence much like when the US won over the USSR. they don't call it the dream game for nothing.

same as you except that the US should take Canada with little trouble.till Canada gets past the idea that winning gold in hockey is a birth right they will always come up short. the last gold they won was a freak occurrence much like when the US won over the USSR. they don't call it the dream game for nothing.
    Hmmm ...I wouldn't say the US winning is an impossibility, but I do think they would need a lot of things to go right, lucky bounces, lack of discipline on the part of the Canadians (ala Chris Pronger).

I do think the pressure put on Canada to win Gold is borderline silly. And that amount of pressure can have a negative affect on the team. But again, I really think that Swiss scare woke a sleeping giant.

GRUMPY

"borderline silly" is an understatement

I really don't like Canadas team this yr. I hate Babs as the coach. Anyone who would sit Doughty out for the second period and Pronger does the same thing and he stays on the ice.Beside that all Heatly says is "Gimme the puck."

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    I really don't like Canadas team this yr. I hate Babs as the coach. Anyone who would sit Doughty out for the second period and Pronger does the same thing and he stays on the ice.Beside that all Heatly says is "Gimme the puck."
    Back when Babs was named coach I said it was not a good pick.

Babcock is a very good hockey coach; but it's NHL hockey he does best at, because he's an extremely patient coach, almost too patient. This serves him well during the long NHL season, but it does not translate well into a two week hockey tournament.

Good choice on the winners I believe, but I changed the scores just to be different.......................

Russia 4 Czech Rep 2

Canada 5 US 3

Sweden 5 Finland 3
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Wolf View Post
    Back when Babs was named coach I said it was not a good pick.

Babcock is a very good hockey coach; but it's NHL hockey he does best at, because he's an extremely patient coach, almost too patient. This serves him well during the long NHL season, but it does not translate well into a two week hockey tournament.
    I remember you saying that. I guess we'll have to see the outcome. With you being a Wings fan, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Good choice on the winners I believe, but I changed the scores just to be different.......................

Russia 4 Czech Rep 2

Canada 5 US 3

Sweden 5 Finland 3
    Cheater!

But come on, that fourth Russian goal was an empty netter...you have to still give that one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    I remember you saying that. I guess we'll have to see the outcome. With you being a Wings fan, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Then of course there is the intangible of the assistant coaches. How much influence do Ruff and Lemaire have on Babcock?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Wolf View Post
    Then of course there is the intangible of the assistant coaches. How much influence do Ruff and Lemaire have on Babcock?
    Babcock appears to be a open minded coach who is not so entrenched in his ideas to the point of ignoring other opinions or options. I generally believe coaching at this level is second to the players ability to read and adapt to their opposition. If Ruff or Lemaire have something to add I believe Babcock would give them a green light if in agreement.

I am curious though, would suggestions by the supporting coaches need to be cleared through Babcock?

Crosby just scored on his own net. I don't care if the US ends up losing 10 to 1, my night has been made.

I will sleep very, very well tonight!

The Canadians on the board are silenced. Grumpy was right!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Insane. As much as I wanted Canada to win, I'm a huge Miller fan and loved to see him play like that. That has to feel good for Burke too. After loosing Brendan it's nice to see something actually work out for him.

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue View Post
    The Canadians on the board are silenced. Grumpy was right!
    Well thank you very much. I hoped that I'd be wrong, but I guess I'm cursed in that I am always right. (lol) by the way I too am Canadian.
    Last edited by GRUMPY; 02-21-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

Ha, Ha, Ha...there's a good pro Canadian post.
    You will have to direct me to the interview where a Canadian player said that!
    What I think or some blogger thinks, is different than what they talk about pre game, so...
    ....even a broken clock is right twice a day, Crusty...even a broken clock!

Quote Originally Posted by JackButler View Post
    Ha, Ha, Ha...there's a good pro Canadian post.
    You will have to direct me to the interview where a Canadian player said that!
    What I think or some blogger thinks, is different than what they talk about pre game, so...
    ....even a broken clock is right twice a day, Crusty...even a broken clock!

I think its the media that causes all the halabaloo..they think Canadas team should win everything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information