Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flex Fuel - Ethanol 85?

Default Flex Fuel - Ethanol 85?

Does anyone know if any of the gas stations in the Sault selll the Ethanol or E 85 fuel? I was able to purchase some in Saginaw, Michigan recently and havent noticed it here yet.

Default Re: Flex Fuel - Ethanol 85?

They do sell regular that may contain up to 10% ethanol. I stay away from it because my truck does not like that type of fuel.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Just some info on E85,,,,

Q. When using E85 ethanol, don't you get decreased fuel economy compared to gasoline?

A. E85 ethanol holds less energy per gallon than gasoline. Therefore, drivers will experience MPG reductions depending on their particular vehicle and driving habits. This means that vehicles running on E85 ethanol may have a cruising range that is about 25% shorter than the same vehicle operating on regular gasoline.

The Fuel Economy Guide (www.fueleconomy.gov) provides detailed information on the fuel economy and driving range values for both gasoline and E85 ethanol. When operating a FlexFuel vehicle on a mixture of gasoline and E85, such as when alternating between these fuels, your driving range and economy will be somewhere between those listed for the two fuels, depending on the actual percentage of gasoline and E85 ethanol in the tank.

This is from the General Motors service info. We have had lots of customers complain that the fuel mileage has gone down...When asked the customers have been using E85..
    Last edited by fenderbass; 02-22-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Die Lügen sind wie Schneebälle: je weiter man sie fortwälzt, desto größer werden sie: Lies are like snowballs: the farther they roll, the greater they grow

And while y'all are doing your best to be "green", please remember it's been said that it takes 7 gallons of diesel to make 8 gallons of ethanol.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Marathon (which used to be USA Mini Mart) in front of Glens Market has it..

They sell it at the Marathon station (beside Payless) in Sault Michigan, I know that

Makes me shake my head why these car companies keep beating a dead horse in North America... Like really they put out vehicles that have E85 which get less mileage than gas vehicles when in turn they could be putting out diesel vehicles that get more millage, and are cleaner than gas and e85 vehicles. Also another thing to mention is that diesel is generally cheaper than gas too because it takes less refining and can be made made or mixed with biodiesel. Should I also mention too that diesels are quieter than gas cars since they rev a lot lower at comparable speeds, and don't give the puffy black smoke anymore like the old days.

I really wish north America would get in tune with the rest of the world, we are the only ones ass backwards still using gas, go anywhere else and they have been using diesel for years. In my car alone I get 1200km on the highway and about 850km in town on a 55L tank of diesel. What I am waiting for is a hybrid diesel... like if I can get 1200km currently I would hate to see the km that a hybrid diesel would get me... I have heard rumors of VW testing some getting about 300km/L.

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Also another thing to mention is that diesel is generally cheaper than gas too
    while this is true in Canada it is the opposite across the river where diesel costs more than gas, however it is still cheaper than ours.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Makes me shake my head why these car companies keep beating a dead horse in North America... Like really they put out vehicles that have E85 which get less mileage than gas vehicles when in turn they could be putting out diesel vehicles that get more millage, and are cleaner than gas and e85 vehicles. Also another thing to mention is that diesel is generally cheaper than gas too because it takes less refining and can be made made or mixed with biodiesel. Should I also mention too that diesels are quieter than gas cars since they rev a lot lower at comparable speeds, and don't give the puffy black smoke anymore like the old days.

I really wish north America would get in tune with the rest of the world, we are the only ones ass backwards still using gas, go anywhere else and they have been using diesel for years. In my car alone I get 1200km on the highway and about 850km in town on a 55L tank of diesel. What I am waiting for is a hybrid diesel... like if I can get 1200km currently I would hate to see the km that a hybrid diesel would get me... I have heard rumors of VW testing some getting about 300km/L.
    What have you got? A Jetta TDI?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information