Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sick kid

Default sick kid

My daughter had the stomach flu over the weekend , seemed to be getting better on Sunday, started eating , feeling like herself . But come Monday morning getting ready for school she is complaining about dizzyness and being tired. Also a fuzzy head. Tuesday I'm sick with the same flu, I send her to school. She comes home tired , falls asleep before and after supper. I keep her home Wed. naps in the morning and afternoon. This is not normal for her she normally is active and singing all day long. Bugging her big brother and me.
    Hoping to get her into her doctor today. Not sure what is going on with her. No temp. Eating but not alot. Anyone have their kids act like this?

Default Re: sick kid

No, but I am. Apparently RSV is really, really nasty this year. That's a typical child's cold. I feel pretty much as your child has, however, and I have both neighbours next door that have been down with it.

There is a horrible stomach virus going around. Both of my supervisors and their families have had it and now my husband and one of the kids are feeling ill. It starts with nausea, dizzy spells and sleeping a lot. It lasts a few days. So far, so good for me although both of my bosses are sure I will be next. Eek!
    "One of the consequences of such notions as 'entitlements' is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence".

Thomas Sewell

everyone at my house has had that in the last few days. seems like the puking doesn't last too long but the loss of appetite and tiredness has been here for days with no sign of backing off. make sure to keep her hydrated with pedialite or gaterade.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

I just got a notice from my boys school. Norwalk virus going around the soo and lots of kids are home sick
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Both my wife and I got it, however, I'm still suffering while she luckily only had it for less than a full 24 hours...

my kids are still not eating right and complaining but haven't been really, really sick. hopefully it passes soon. i hate when they aren't eating
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

That's the same with me, at this point, I'm not really sick, but I'm getting light headed due to not eating, and everything I do eat sits really really heavy in my stomach... It's no fun.. I feel sorry for any kid who's suffering from this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information