Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eczema?

Question eczema?

my daughter has had this skin condition, that i thought might be eczema, pop up in the past few weeks.
    a small area of her skin gets red and really dry .. she says it doesn't hurt or itch.. biggest one was an area that covered the back of her hand..the smallest was the size of a quarter.
    when i apply over the counter Cortate cream it goes away. (she says it stings a bit when the cream is absorbed)
    the weird thing about it is that it seems to be symmetrical. both her middle fingers just below the nail at the same time, then the inside of both her knees, then the backs of both her hands..
    it appears quite suddenly..with days or weeks in between bouts of it.

does this sound fammiliar to anyone? i have no idea what it is.
    i haven't called the Dr yet because it goes away after i apply the cream..i don't want to let it go until the Doctor can see it.

Default Re: eczema?

Might be psoriasis... especially if it is always appearing around the finger, elbow or knee joints.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

either eczema or psoriasis. My eczema is on my hands, behind my ears, behind knee joints. aveno makes a over the counter eczema cream that works amazing on almost all skin issues.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

I found with my ezema/ psoriasis the only thing that helped alot was oatmeal.. and I had to stay away from fresh pototos.. I found that if I peeled potatos for my mom I suffered like hell for about a week.. I found mixing pure oatmeal and soaking my hands in it helped drastically.. I also used a high high percent of hydrocortasone. Untill the day I got pregnant with my daughter WHO I might add never has showen signs of it. It went away untill I got prego the second time and my first son second child shows signs of it behind his ears. I then got prego for number 3 and its dissapeared again.. I have nothing.. I had it terrible on the backs of my knees which they thought back when it first come out that it was lime disease.. I used to go in for treatments with dr turgon.. and was tested for lime disease and It was NEG..

But I do find OATMEAL worked the best for me..

does eczema itch? i thought it was really itchy. she has no itch at all..doesn't really even notice it until i point it out and put cream on it..
    i've looked at pics online..none of them look like what she gets..hers is not so severe looking..

i'll have to go look at some pics and read up on psoriasis

thanks.

eczema can be a mild case....my daughter gets it on the back of her knees,on her arms and hands
    Dale Earnhardt Sr...is the No 1 Driver in Nascar History..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information