Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flat aquarium rock

Default Flat aquarium rock

Does anyone know who sells, or is willing to sell, or knows where to find some flat aquarium rock like slate slabs.

Default Re: Flat aquarium rock

Foremost pets on Second line has flat slate, pricey though.
    I've also heard that you can go to flooring places and buy broken tiles/countertops.
    What kind of a tank are you puting it in?
    I have a 100gl freshwater and I used red sandstone. It hasn't effected my water quality or broke down and has been in the tank over a year.

Batchwana Bay has tons of those, for free.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Quote Originally Posted by radjankm View Post
    Foremost pets on Second line has flat slate, pricey though.
    I've also heard that you can go to flooring places and buy broken tiles/countertops.
    What kind of a tank are you puting it in?
    I have a 100gl freshwater and I used red sandstone. It hasn't effected my water quality or broke down and has been in the tank over a year.
    Its a heavily planted tank. I just want this type of rock to build little hideing places and caves for different size fish. Tile is a good idea but I want the look of natural rock. As for Foremost, the lady thats is always working there rubs me the wrong way. Poor customer service I find. She always assumes I'm an idiot and tries to lecture me. I know more then she does when it come to planted tanks I can gaurentee. I will never pay fish store prices for rock. but thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Batchwana Bay has tons of those, for free.
    Thanks for the heads up. Where about exactly? I'm not too familiar with Batchwana bay.
    Last edited by noved; 03-10-2010 at 10:58 PM.

GRUMPY

try down by the rapids once all the snow goes as there is a lot of red sandstone down there,but don't forget to boil it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information