Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pouch Help

Question Belly Pouch Help

What other women on here have had the 'belly pouch' and lost it?
    How did you lose it?

Ive been going to the gym 5 times a week for 1hr each time.
    I lift weights to tone up all areas and also I use the ab crunch machine they have there as well as another thing they have there for the belly...it started to go away but Ive noticed now for the last few weeks its not doing anything

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get rid of it Id really really appreciate it as summer is coming soon and Id love to look good again in a bathing suit WITHOUT the 'pouch'

Is there any type of cleansing stuff I can use that will help clean out my system etc or what??
    Would walking help? Or biking? Or swimming? Like I said any suggestions...

I don't come on here too much anymore so please email me instead if you can
    My email is gords_lovekisses@hotmail.com

Thanks

Default Re: Belly Pouch Help

All I can say is that chances are you didn't put it on in a couple of months, it doesn't come off very quickly either.

I've been going to bootcamp 3 days a week, for a year. I've now added another class two days a week, and mine is finally going away. Its taken a long time and a lot of hard work, but it does happen. Don't give up!!!

Try lots of crunches and mix it up. If your going to a gym ask them to teach you reverse crunches. They really help with the Lower Abs. also try the plank, they really help with core strength.
    Also don't forget the Cardio! thats what helps you burn the fat!!!
    Last edited by MaO3; 03-09-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Quote Originally Posted by MaO3 View Post
    All I can say is that chances are you didn't put it on in a couple of months, it doesn't come off very quickly either.

I've been going to bootcamp 3 days a week, for a year. I've now added another class two days a week, and mine is finally going away. Its taken a long time and a lot of hard work, but it does happen. Don't give up!!!

Try lots of crunches and mix it up. If your going to a gym ask them to teach you reverse crunches. They really help with the Lower Abs. also try the plank, they really help with core strength.
    Also don't forget the Cardio! thats what helps you burn the fat!!!
    If you dont mind me asking, do you do the bootcamp that the Y? i've always wanted to do it but I never knew anyone who went who could tell me how it is....
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Nope I do bootcamp at Achieve on Great Northern Road. I love it.

I feel so much better. I have a really serious back problem (spinal instability) so before I started bootcamp I did 6 weeks with a personal trainer to ensure that I was strong enough to do it. I've been doing them for close to a year and I have to say I'm totally addicted to it. I go three times a week to Achieve's bootcamp and two nights a week to a class in my neighbourhood.

I'm totally addicted to working out now, and three 3 1/2 years ago they were looking at fuseing my spine!!

Ma03, you frickin rock lady!!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    Oof! I totally forgot I asked you a question! That sounds great!
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    Thank you!!! I'm feeling kinda like I do these days! Its amazing what a difference its made in how I feel. I decided that I needed to make some postive changes in my life - with respect to my health and its been so worthwhile!

well after 3 kids i had a bit of a belly pouch and longed for my before kids body. I have been going to achieve now for a month cut out all bread and junk food from my diet and cut out alot of sugar in my coffee and in other foods i eat,no more beer and not eating after 7 pm and a lot of self control I have seen amazing results. In a month I am down 16 pounds. I was told to do all the warm up then the weights and then the cardio. If you do to much cardio before the weights your muscles are to fatigued.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Don't forget the water! Drink lots and lots of water.

Another thing that has been brought to my attention, is the stress factor. If you have a lot of stress in your life, as a woman our bodies produce excess amounts of cortizole. Adding a B-Vitamin is supposed to help with the bellyfat / excess Cortizole we women produce, unfortunately it doesn't help with the stress we're under.

It's unhealthy to lose more than 2-3 pounds a week unless you've had a gastric bypass you know. Unless you were morbidly obese due to many years of competition eating, and then you went to "normal" eating one day .... 16 pounds in a month is kinda wrong. Congrats to you for droppping it though.
    I gained 47-ish pounds in 11 months. If you work it out, that's almost a pound a week. I gained it due to sitting on my duff all day, eating snack foods, not exercising, and eating at sparatic times during the day. I went from doing literally nothing but eating and playing video games for 11 months ( and a 50 pounds gain ) to hitting the gym 3 days a week for heavy cardio and weightlifting. From September to January, I lost 45 pounds. 5 months to lose 50 pounds. 2.5 pounds a week lost. I lost it properly, I evened out, and I even avoided excess skin. When you lose weight TOO fast ... you run the risk of having a literal pouch or flap of skin when you lost the weight. After you develop that ... it's almost impossible to lose it without surgery ( providing it's bad enough).

If you want a method to lose weight, stop doing these stupid diets where you cut out foods. You do not need to do that unless they're blatantly(sp) obvious that they're trash. Eat 6 times a day. Breakfast -> Snack-> Lunch -> Snack -> Supper -> Snack. This will stabilize your metabolism. When you don't do this and eat randomly, your body will go into starvation mode. It won't know when it's getting food next, so it'll store all those healthy and unhealthy fats and nutrients for an expected delay. This in turn causes weight gain. Think of it thos way. Your last meal was at 6pm. You wake up, have breakfast around what? 7am? 8am? That's over 13 hours you've gone WITHOUT food. Your body is officially in starvation mode. You're hurting yourself more than you know. This is when your metabolism gets thrown off and decides to store nutrients. Say hello to the love handles. When you sleep, you still burn some calories. Granted, not a lot, but there's still activity going on. If you can't do the snack thing, invest in some protein drinks or meal replacement drinks. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I drank Ensure Strawberry and Vanilla in place of my meals. They're fantastic for a snack. (http://ensure.com/products/ensure) If you're any bigger than me though ... 5'8 160lbs ... you won't feel full off of one drink if you're substituting it for a meal. They aren't meant to be a full replacement. They're more of a "tide me over for now" kinda thing. Diet is your #1 source of weight loss.

Great that you stopped eating at night, however 7pm is a little drastic. Unless you go to bed at 8pm, there's no real purpose to doing that. However, if you can sleep through the night without feeling hungry, good. Myself, when I cut off my food, it's at 10pm. I'm in bed by 11-12. This gives my body enough time to digest what I've eaten, but not enough to begin to feel hungry again. Generally you should have a non filling snack 15-90 minutes before bed. This is keep your body from entering a catabolic state.

Another pro tip for the OP. Exercising 5 days a week is wonderful. Your dedication is admirable. However, if you're noticing that you're not losing the weight that you want in the area you want ... it's a sure fire indication you're doing something wrong. When you work out the first thing you do it target the area you want to fix, and do a million reps of exercises that'll fix it. BAD GIRL ! I hope that you've spoken to a personal trainer and have been advised of a routine that suits your needs. Doing abdominal exercises will give you the abs of a goddess, but it'll make the remainder of your body look terrible if you don't keep it balanced. Chest + Back one day or 2 day split, Abs another day, and then thigs and claves on another 2 day split. Keep it even . Exercising your whole body will not only drop your weight, but it'll add to your posture and balance. That and you'll have a mean beach body in 5-8 months.

Hope this helps. If anyone needs more information, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

SOURCE: Light background in fitness and member of an amazing forum for athletes ranging from 400+ pound beginner to the 135 pound runner with 6% body fat, up to the competition body builder with 3% body fat.

Best of luck on your endeavors

PS: If you want to get a complete body overhaul, P90X is great. It'll hurt for the first few weeks, but after that, if you can keep focused, the pounds melt off. Many of my friends have done or are doing it. It's crazy how fast they drop belt sizes. I had a rough summer. Im back up to 170. I'll be starting a wave of P90X and providing I can get past my ego, or lack of, I'll post progression photos.

If anyone wants more information, just PM me with questions or requests. I'd be happy to help.

If anyone needs more information, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

What do you snack on?

Since I do a lot of running, I like to have a lot of protein. Beef Jerky, Vector Protein Bars ( they're the only ones they sell at the college ), Yogurt with granola or flax seeds, Granola bars ( albeit I have an addiction to the chocolate ones even though they're not so good for me ), and a lot of Shakes. I drink MuscleMilk Protein shakes. 1 scoop for a shake, 2 scoops for a meal replacement.

If you're just working out for a little weight loss occasionally, the protein shakes and bars might be a little much. Yogurt, Granola, and home made fruit smoothies will be your friend.

I was thinking more along the lines of vegetables and dip. I don't think that I can use weight just yet, still healing, but I definitely need to get back on track. I am thinking about joining the gym again but I will see what my Dr. says first

Great info Duffy!! You've got a PM

Thanks

Which gym yoda?

I used to go to the Y, but I'm thinking that I may change to somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of vegetables and dip. I don't think that I can use weight just yet, still healing, but I definitely need to get back on track. I am thinking about joining the gym again but I will see what my Dr. says first
    That's a really good snack too however I don't eat vegetables. Im 24, and STILL hate them more than anything in the world. I only eat potatoes if they're done a couple of ways. I'm extremely picky. No carrots, onions, cucumber, tomatos, nothing. I have to make due with what I can tolerate to eat.

I have had gastric bypass surgery, with great results. I lost 135 lbs. in less than a year. As a result, I had a small pouch develop, but after two years, it has pretty much gone. Don't panic too much about a pouch, .... it might take time, but it should go away.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Women tend to get a little pouch of fat low in the abdomen. You need to work both the upper and lower abs. Crunches alone wont' do it. You need both standard crunches, reverse crunches, bycicle crunches -- mix em up.
    AND don't forget the cardio.

Duffy your info is all really great, but women differ from men in how they loose weight. The best option (in my experience) is a mix of strength training, and cardio. I've just bought the Jillian Michaels - 30 day shred -- its pretty good. She uses a 3,2,1 - system. 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs and repeat... 3 times for a 20 minute workout...
    Its pretty tough...bought mine at walmart soo mich for $9.00

Fair enough Ma03. I neglected to take that into considersation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information