Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony 3D TVs

Senior Member Blue Lotus Rising's Avatar

Default Sony 3D TVs

"TOKYO Sony Corp. said Tuesday it will start selling 3-D televisions in June, joining a competitive industrywide push to convince consumers to embrace the technology for their living rooms."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_491326.html

"The 40-inch 3-D will cost about 290,000 yen ($3,200), and the biggest 60-inch will retail at 580,000 yen ($6,400)."

Wow, now that's some cash!
    All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

~Kahlil Gibran~

Default Re: Sony 3D TVs

Then what, just rent Avartar and Alice in wounderland over and over? There barely anything good on HD and its been out for years.

Would be like owning a color TV in the 1950s when every show was broadcasted in black and white.

Samsung has the same thing coming out and "Monsters Inc" will be released with the unit (3D) in conjunction with the Production company. The Shrek series are also in progress to be released in 3D.

It will all follow after and yes, us yuppies will get one just to "one-up" our friends.

Yes, not much for "HD" titles ...

No more HD, it's BluRay or nothing. I've been watching plenty of BluRay titles.

The only problem with for some people is, like myself, I only see out of one eye at a time. I dont know a better way to describe it but when looking at things, I only use one eye to see. I can switch which eye I use. The thing with these 3D glasses, and assuming that the Sony glasses that are provided with the TV, is that you need to be using both eyes at the same time. Most wont have an issue at all but some like myself, will have problems.
    <insert witty comment here>

that's pretty cool. i still don't even have a flat screen though, but i like to see all the new things they keep coming out with. in another 20 years tv will be a thing of the past and we will all be watching 3d holographic projections. except me. that'll probably be about when i finally get an lcd or something similar...lol
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

the 3-d glasses that sony uses are not the green/red they are more like the movie theater ones and i am pretty sure you can see out of one eye with them, my friend is blind in one eye and does 3d movies.

3-D movies and glasses to buy though are like 450 for 2 pairs of glasses and a movie lol

Senior Member Blue Lotus Rising's Avatar

"One challenge will be that the 3-D effect requires viewers to wear relatively bulky battery-operated glasses that need to be recharged occasionally. They are not like the cheap throwaways that have been used in theaters since the 1950s.

When you're wearing these 3-D TV glasses, room lights and computer screens may look like they're flickering, making it difficult to combine 3-D viewing with other household activities. Anyone who's not wearing the glasses when the set is in 3-D mode will see a blurry screen. (The sets can be used in 2-D mode as well, with no glasses required.)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_493152.html
    All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

~Kahlil Gibran~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information