Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hate spreads like wildfire...

Banned

Default Hate spreads like wildfire...

A friend of mine forwarded this link to me.
    this is the epitome of disgust.
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...rtisement.html

Default Re: Hate spreads like wildfire...

Isn't this what one reservation was doing with it's white people last week? Maybe this ad is to show how disgusting that was.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

Banned

I don't think the Mohawks where talking about the people as if they where vermin... Although I do not agree with what the Mohawks are doing, and do see it as equally discriminating two wrongs don't make a right. I thought humans where more civilized than that... guess not.

Hate spreads like wildfire, a little strong don't you think? Don't get me wrong, what they posted is disgusting but I guess I missed the part where it spread. One dumb ass, one who's probably sick of the Indian Posse youth gang problem in Winnipeg talks out of his butt and hate is spreading like wild fire? You want to experience hatred, assuming you're white, go hang around the north end of Winnipeg.

Banned

The reason I'm claiming the "spreading like wildfire" is about how the apparent hatred to indigenous people seems to be all over the place, it's quite disturbing. From Quebec, to here, to Winnipeg.
    Unfortunately, it is bound to happen when two cultures with two different ideals for their own society share land, but it doesn't make it right.

Hate to be picky but spreading like wildfire makes it sound like some kind of new phenomena. It's not new at all and has been widespread for all long as I have been alive. I'm not sure if hatred is the right word but there is definitely much animosity.

Banned

spreading like wildfire makes it sound like some kind of new phenomena.
    not sure why this would imply anything new, but no, that is not what I meant...

Here we go.
    Do you stamp fires out or do you let them burn out by exhausting all the fuel?
    Often trying to stamp it out spreads the fire.

I think we ought to be careful about the issue of freedom of speech. Some of the same voices that want ads like this to go away are all for free speech in other subject areas that also tend to "spread like wildfire". I totally disagree with this guys views. Like I did with Ahenikew, the native who just died but had his Order of Canada taken away for saying terrible things about the Jews. But I think we should not give this much power to thought and speech police. I hate the hate crime bill for this reason. Call me a libertarian in that respect.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Well said

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information