Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are auto dealer prices significantly lower in southern Ontario than in SSM?

Question Are auto dealer prices significantly lower in southern Ontario than in SSM?

Is it worth buying down there to save money?

Thanks!

Default Re: Are auto dealer prices significantly lower in southern Ontario than in SSM?

We bought our truck in North Bay 2 months ago. The exact same truck here with only 150 less km they wanted just over $5000 more. When dealing with the dealer we dealt with they gave us a bit of a discount because we were driving there to pick up the truck.

Default Re: Are auto dealer prices significantly lower in southern Ontario than in SSM?

Dealers in southern Ontario want to move inventory because of the volume. Dealers in the Soo want to retire on the deal.............

http://www.autopark.ca/used-inventor...&SBprice=clear

You can refine the search at the top. Keep in mind this is just one of many dealerships down south.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

the dealer in north bay is quite good on pricing, but lots of good deals in the GTA

My dad Always buys his new cars in Toronto he usually saves anywhere form 5-10 thousand depending on the time of the year. I say its well worth your while to shop there. Especially if your looking to buy GM seeing our dealer has no compition it take it for his price or leave it.

I agree, the further you go away from here the better the prices are! Check autotrader online, but be careful to make sure that you aren't looking at as is cars. Call if you are in doubt!

with the dollar at parity it is worth your while to also look in the states, even when the dollar took a dump, i got a great deal in North Carolina for my truck a turbo diesel 2005 low miles, all i had to do was day time running lights, and i might not have had to do that had i read the owners manual and seen the light sensor on the dash! lol I saved atleast 10k from buying the same vehicle in canada, plus it had no winters on it.

And if you guys think for a second that you are going to get the same level of service from local dealers on your out of town purchases, yer nuts.

Years ago, Riverside even had a sign up, basically said, If you don't buy it here, don't bring it here.
    Last edited by Barry Morris; 03-13-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    And if you guys think for a second that you are going to get the same level of service from local dealers on your out of town purchases, yer nuts.

Years ago, Riverside even had a sign up, bacically said, If you don't but it here, don't bring it here.
    So if someone moves here from southern ontario they don't get good service because they're vehicle wasn't bought here?

No, I didn't say that. If a person makes it clear to the dealer (and I sure would) that he just moved into town, he shouldn't have a problem.

ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post

Years ago, Riverside even had a sign up, basically said, If you don't buy it here, don't bring it here.
    We bought our truck from a dealership in North bay and a few weeks after we got it home there was an issue with the four wheel drive. Called the dealership and they told us that here in the sault they deal with maitland and to take our truck there. Two days later our truck was fixed at no cost to us. Quick good reliable service without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
    We bought our truck from a dealership in North bay and a few weeks after we got it home there was an issue with the four wheel drive. Called the dealership and they told us that here in the sault they deal with maitland and to take our truck there. Two days later our truck was fixed at no cost to us. Quick good reliable service without any issues.
    Not my point. Warranty WILL be covered properly. It has to be, both because of dealer agreements and liability issues.

Will the dealer go out of his way to help you in any OTHER way?? I doubt it. He didn't get your business before, and he probably doubts he'll get it next time.

The customer who buys there, and takes his car there for service is simply going to get BETTER service. It's human nature.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information