Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orlando Florida

Default Orlando Florida

Planning a trip for next summer there and was wondering if anyone took their dog with them. I would prefer to take my huge beast with us rather then send him to a kennel. Was there a hotel you stayed at that allowed dogs? Looking at several different options and was wondering if anyone has also stayed at a camp site down there. I have looked around online and found a few options. I have a long time to plan this all out so just looking at getting peoples experiences.

GRUMPY

Default Re: Orlando Florida

Super 8 hotel/motel takes dogs

I think the question here is not that you want to take your dog, but what is best for the dog, would he be happy with that much travling ?

GRUMPY

like people each dog is different, mine would just stretch out across the back seat.

Mine loves long rides. He stretches out and relaxes with his head on my sons lap then when he wants to he sticks his head out the window and lets the breeze flap his ears in the air lol. We stop a lot for my son and there for let the dog out as well to stretch and take care of bussiness so I don't worry about travelling long distance with our dog. I worry more about him being in a kennel more then anything.

Just looking at personal experiences of where people have stayed rather then what i see online. You never know if what a place looks like online is going to be bad when we get there.

Make sure you have all of the documentation with you concerning your dog. Proof of up to date shots is a good thing to have if you run into problems. I have been asked at the border a couple of times.

I would find out if you need any extra shots besides the normal ones they do here because I think the further south you go, the more little nasty doggy bugs there are.

Most campgrounds accept dogs, but they are required to be leashed at all times and generally are not allowed on the beaches.

GRUMPY

heart worm medicine would be a start also bring a few pictures of your dog just in case he gets lost. as for documents for the border you should always have these when you cross, just keep them in the glove box, you may never ever need them but they are handy just for that rare moment. the thing to remember if you do bring your dog with you is that it might be stressful to it being in a different place so cut it some slack as he is on holidays too.

Leafs Suck

Beauty
    "The modern atheist is always angered when he hears anything said about God and religion - he would be incapable of such a resentment if God were only a myth"

-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

We go to Florida at least twice per year and always bring our two dogs. Most major hotel chains have pet friendly rooms but there is an extra charge. The charge was usually about $25. Comfort Inn was the best for the money. You can also apply at their front desk for a points card so that every third night is free.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information