Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?????

Default What do you think?????

To put 20 pic. up by Sootoday to show where the accident occured. I looked at 2 then got sick to my stomach.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/ful...ryNumber=45513

GRUMPY

Default Re: What do you think?????

at first I was against it but then realized it helped explain why it took so long to find the body, mind you they didn't need as many pictures as a lot were quite similar.
    Last edited by GRUMPY; 03-27-2010 at 11:12 AM.

They're just pictures of the area. What made you sick?
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ne touchez paz View Post
    A pic or two would have been ok, but 20? ..It's not a photo contest, geez.
    My thoughts exactly - no need for the 20 pic portfolio at all. A picture or two would have sufficed. Turning it into a photo gallery is a bit morbid.

Thats what I thought when I watched it. It was morbid. A couple of pictures would have done it.

they didn't show a body - how are pictures of water, fallen trees and hilltop morbid - it shows why is was so difficult to conduct the search

Quote Originally Posted by ssmarie View Post
    they didn't show a body - how are pictures of water, fallen trees and hilltop morbid - it shows why is was so difficult to conduct the search
    I have never been there. I thought the pictures showed the same.

I don't find it morbid - just 19 pictures more than they needed.

Good pictures of a pretty area, nothing morbid there.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I haven't been way up there in years, didn't realize it was so steep in some areas. Scary to think of people walking these trails often after something like this happening.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

IMHO

It is the right thing to do. it will educate people about the area. No body was shown. No one forced anyone to look at any or all of the pics. Some people are really over sensitive. Its not always about YOU.

Nothing morbid about it. It shows how a person could easily trip and fall down that steep incline into the water.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

oh please...really, pictures of nature and your sick to your stomach.....so you walk down the sidewalk and see a tree and you think to yourself.....thats morbid..lol..If a body was shown , then ya, that would be morbid. Why all the drama.

Supergram is the last one on Soonet that is given to drama. Perhaps she imagined there was a body lying there in the water. Why judge her? She felt what she felt. Leave her alone.

I just think it was too soon to be showing pictures like that. There may not have been a body, but someone just died there. I can't imagine how his family felt looking at those. Lets show a picture of a lonely, battered timmies cup in the mud. Cause you know, that probably wouldn't represent ANYTHING to ANYONE. A picture of the scene would have been fine. But why all the artsy photos?

From personal experience, when a loved one dies unexpectedly, as happened in my family, the tendency is to want to go back to the scene where his life was lost again and again. One wants to see and experience the last things that your loved one saw and experienced. So no, I really don't think the family would be offended. At least that has been our experience. Each one may be diffeerent.

IMHO

When my daughter died in a car crash it was imperative that I visit the scene. We still stop when we go down the highway and pas that location. Pictures of the area would not have bothered me one bit. In fact it would have been comforting since no chaos of the accident scene was shown.

Perhaps they wouldn't be offended, or be caused more pain by looking at the photos. But to me, I just think they could have waited a few more days. Let the family visit his last memories when they were ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 7UP View Post
    When my daughter died in a car crash it was imperative that I visit the scene. We still stop when we go down the highway and pas that location. Pictures of the area would not have bothered me one bit. In fact it would have been comforting since no chaos of the accident scene was shown.

I think a few of them were good pictures to show the area- to give people an idea of why the search was so difficult and just how rough the terrain is. A lot of the pictures were close ups of rocks and sticks and were pretty irrelevant, I thought. I would have liked to see a few more of the areas where the trail is close to the edge of a drop-off, as I have not been down those particular trails myself. It's one thing to show pictures of the water and the falls, etc., but I want to see where they stood while taking the pictures. And what is the picture of the metal pole thing?

I don't find anything morbid or inappropriate about them -- it's a beautiful place and that's why people go walking there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information