Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: easiest veggie garden in the world!

Default easiest veggie garden in the world!

i just saw this article in the current mother earth news at the library for the easiest veggie garden. you plant in the 40 litre bag of soil. stab the backside for drainage holes, then turn over, laying flat. cut out the centre of the bag, leaving a bit of a border. then simply plant in the bag! i cant believe how easy that sounds! they just say to make sure and get a good soil for planting to get a good crop of veggies.

i like to do different types of lettuce and spinich for an easy organic salad.

Default Re: easiest veggie garden in the world!

hmm...i wonder if this would actually work.. i guess you'd probably have to poke holes in the bottom as well for drainage?
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

im going to try it out to see! yes, you poke holes in the bottom, or backside as i called it. the article also said if there are enough holes you can grow plants with roots that can go through the holes and into the soil underneath. so cool!

I know this works for tomatoes because I've seen them growing nice big red tomatoes from bags at a camp which is on the same road as our camp. I thought I'd try this too, but haven't quite gotten motivated lol. Some year I will give this a go.

I know someone that has planted in the hanging bags. And it DOES work!

She planted big tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, and hot peppers. And also strawberries.

Shes got them hanging on her back fence

I'm going to start a container garden next spring - similar idea except all your plants are grown in boxes or planters. It will be raised up off the ground for easier access ... and easier on the back too!
    Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.
    Haim Ginott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information