Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i killed my plants...

Default i killed my plants...

i brought in some containers last year and nursed them through the whole winter. it was so nice and warm that i put them outside then, the frost got them. what a shame. they were wonderful unique succulents that i got out of town and brought.

Default Re: i killed my plants...

Awee .. I lost all my dailias. I hate when stuff like that happens.

GRUMPY

sorry but please check the calender.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
    sorry but please check the calender.
    Mine was in the fall.

i know, its my own damn fault! im just mad at myself. they were so cool.

GRUMPY

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    they were so cool.
    they were so cool it killed them. think on the bright side (if there is one), now you can get some different plants. however your front garden was a knockout last year.

When should we drop plants in?
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

what do you mean giggle? my plants were cold hardy, but they were not accustomed to the cold, they needed to be taken out for short periods of time to get used to the cold afer being in the warm house all fall and winter.

there are some seeds that can be planted early, like sweet peas and assylum and hmm,. im trying to remember the ones that are frost hardy. there are no plants that can be put in now, its just too early. (that i know of anyway).

the 'rule' is, or used to be, the first full moon after june 1st. but i know we have been ahead of that in the last few years.

i tried planting a few spinich seeds today and see what happens. they are a cold weather crop, meaning they do best in the cold weather and not in the heat. it may just be too cold, but ill see what happens.

i started some tomato plants a couple weeks ago. they are doing good but they aren't outside.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

thanks grumpy. i have a very 'cottageeeee style'

what kind of tomato plants did you start?

Well not meaning to hijack the thread but I have a very bad habbit of killing anything with leaves on it. I want to plant a nice big garden in my front yard but I have no idea when I should put the plants in the ground or what plants can handle a beating. I also want to start a garden with veggies and stuff but I also have no idea how to do that either.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

not sure what kind of tomatos they are...got the seeds at dollarama last year and didn't end up growing them
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

giggle, start reading and experimenting. look for stuff you can get for free or cheap. there are always folks willing to pass along plants. lots of good books at the library, or even here on the internet.

I was always told to plant after the May 24 weekend, does that still hold water?
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

i think it depends on what you are planting. cold hardy annuals like sweet peas can be planted as soon as there is a patch of earth. i have sown seeds outside like alysm, godetia, sweet william, those annuals that self seed. but if you are buying from the nursery and putting the plants in then you should definatly wait. maybe the may 24 weekend is now acceptable - but it was always after the full moon in june. (in the soo we can go by when the plants at mcdonalds go in)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information