Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would you pay for this house

Default What would you pay for this house

I wanted to know peoples opinions of what they think my house is worth so i can put it on the market for a fair price. I will post pics to give you an idea of what it looks like. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 and a half bath bungalow at 167 goulais ave. It has all new windows, roof, bathroom, kitchen, flooring and paint. It has a big eat in kitchen with a breakfast bar, hardwood in the living room and ceramic in the bathroom and front and back foyers. The living has crown molding and all the rooms i feel are tastefully decorated. Downstairs is a ginormous rec room with built in bar, as well as a half bath, large laundry room and workshop. The basement also has extremely large windows which is good because it lets in a lot of light. The house will come with the fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave which are all 2 years old or newer. The heating source is natural gas. It has a big fenced in backyard. So people please be honest and tell me truthfully what you think i should put this house on the market for.

IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/chanie_5/Picture294.jpg[/IMG]

Becoming a Regular Here

Default Re: What would you pay for this house

inside is real nice chanie, the outside in the pic doesnt do it justice . How many square feet on the main floor is it??

Hi Chanie,
    When you were taking the inside pics the lighting seems wrong somehow...Try taking different pics with the lighting changed or it could be the cameras lighting/flash thing....

Nice house though;lots of space inside! And I agree with binky the outside pic isnt a very good one,maybe take one of the backyard as well?

I love the openess inside..
    The market is crazy right now and you should not have a problem selling

Declutter and painting could add a few bucks too the sale also
    Good luck
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

You willing to rent out??
    The cuter the animal, the more delicious they taste.

sorry we are not willing to rent it out

No prob, just thought I'd ask. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    The cuter the animal, the more delicious they taste.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Hi. Just at a glance I'd say $100-120k, depending on lot size and square footage. Also, does it have a garage? I've got a friend who's looking right now to buy in that area and no, I'm not a realtor so I'm not looking for commissions or anything - just helping out a friend. If you do decide to sell, please pm me, ok?

The best way to determine pricing is to find similar houses that sold recently on your street and find what they sold for. You can do that through land titles, if you're not friendly with a cooperative realtor. Lots of people keep a record of asking prices of houses in their area as they come up.

Hope you don't mind a suggestion on the photography, but always shoot a bathroom with the seat down and remove any towels, etc. from backs of chairs. The suggestion to de-clutter is a good one.

Thanks everyone for the opinion. I have decided to put the house on the market with a real estate agent instead of selling privately. Thank you for the suggestions.

The house is now officially on the market for 94,500

Good luck..
    Hey wanna hold a mortgage for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

sorry i wouldnt be able to do that

my honest opinion is ... change the paint colours to a more neutral colour... i bet it would sell fast! cute house... if it had new siding on it, it would look way better too.
    If you are not apart of the solution, then you are apart of the problem.

I just bought a house. I sold my old one although not here in the Sault. A huge word of advice is to change the paint colours to something more neutral and that will probably get you a lot more money. Paint colours make a huge huge difference in appealing to many people. I am of the mind set that colour does not affect me I look at the structure and make sure that whatever needs to be done can be done easily paint isn't too difficult but many people can't get past bold colours. I'm not looking to buy but thought that several people said the same thing I was thinking. paint could fetch you a few extra thousand dollars if you can get a bidding war going. If people fall in love with it and really want it knowing that they like the colours and don't have to put much effort into it that could prove profitable in your favor.
    MagicFingers

I do agree with people that the living room is a bold color. I have painted all the other rooms in the house with a more neutral color such as the bedrooms and rec room and such. If the house starts to sit with no actiivity, then I am going to paint the living room a more neutral, I just think the red accents the crown molding and maple wood floors nicely.

Banned

that was my dads house before chanie bought it.
    wow chanie, you did alot of work to the house and its great looking. technicaly that was a 5 bedroom house with 2 washrooms.
    i still cant beleive the house looks that good now!!

Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Love_Kisses</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    maybe take one of the backyard as well? </div></div>
    my father and i tore up the back yard, and re-grew everything.

now when i stand in my friend dave or john's yard i peek over the fence once n a while. looks to me like a doggy tore up the back!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information