Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weak hair

Default weak hair

what do you think it means if your hair keeps breaking off. ive been searching but not really finding anything.

like trying to pluck eyebrows etc, and instead of coming out the hair breaks instead.

Default Re: weak hair

maybe a mineral or vitamin deficiency. I know that foods high in zinc is supposed to be good for your hair

thats what i was sort of thinking, i just dont know which ones. thx.

I had huge issues with my hair about 5 yrs ago, not only was it breaking off like crazy it was falling out too! Dr. Said it was stress. I didnt beleive that, but good luck trying to find a ligitimate med opinion around here!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

I had an issue with hair falling out a few years ago. It was completely stress related and happened just after my ex-husband had left. Probably didn't help that I had lost a lot of weight at that time. It took about nine months for the hair to stop falling out.

If you don't already, try taking a daily multivitamin just to boost the nutrients your body is getting. If you are already doing that, then maybe you should see a doctor. There look to be some serious diseases or hormonal imbalances that can cause hair breakage from a quick Google search.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

My daughter had that problem and it was stress, and her doctor also ran blood work, and found she was very deficient in B12. She gets the B12 vitamins in shots (needles) now. It seems to have slowed down, how much she was losing.

try using biotin as well, there is a biotin shampoo that may help, go to a health food store they may have suggestions as well
    If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.

Is it just your eyebrows? or you hair too? If you use plastic hair elastics (for ponytails) that can cause your hair to break as well.

its all hair. like waxing my legs etc, the hair just breaks.

Whimsical and Determined!

Call my daughter's hairdresser, she is amazing and always going to Toronto to get updates on new treatments and hair stuff. She helped my daughter alot and it does make a difference on what types of products you use in your hair. Her name is Lisa at 971-7774

it is often caused by stress or a change in diet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information