Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I want to kill my grass...

Default Re: I want to kill my grass...

another thing that you can do is put lots of layers of overlapping newspapers down. wet them down really good and put soil over top of the papers. then plant you grass seed right over top of that. as long as you have 10-12-14 layers of newspaper - well overlapped- it will kill the grass & weeds underneath. then it will decompose naturally and the paper, underlying weeds,grass etc become organic matter that is good for your lawn.

Vinager will kill just about everything....... I use it between patio stones and the cracks in the drive way..... some weeds take longer to die using vinager..... but it does work.. like someone said.... it changes the PH balance in the soil. Newspapers and carpeting do work best.... NO on the bleach!!! unless your lawn is full of grubs then go for it because it's the only way to get rid of those darn things unless you wanna pay huge bucks for treatments from a company which even then doesn't kill them all.

For those looking for a great fertalizer..... and I know this will make some people cry LOL.... If you have one of those 4L jugs you attatch to your hose ( the ones that use to have weed and feed or just feed)... pour one botttle of beer in it..... 1 cup of dish soap that has a moisterizing adgent in it and top it up with water..... attach your hose and spray away like you would normally... the hops used in the beer will act as a fertilizer and the soap will help control most insects and believe it or not.... soften the soil so your grass roots can get spread and become stronger. Wait a few days and then set out your sprinkler ...... and your grass will become thick and green!! Try it.... it works... and if it doesn't at least you will have a clean and happy lawn!!! LOL

i dont know. but im thinking maybe not. with the black or carpet it smothers the grass/weeds and they get no light to photosynthesize, but with clear the light would still get through.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information