Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "VETS"

hp2

Default "VETS"

Ok after calling around this morning to get prices for vac's for my ferrets!!!

what the hell, they want 88.40 a ferret and outa all the vets in our town there are only 2 that will vaccinate and will not treat a sick ferret

LIKE id let them vac my ferrets if they will not treat them if need be!!! grrrrrrrrr anyone know about across the river for ferret treatment??????? or who over there may deal with them!!!

should add this vac is the same as what they give a dog but im sure in a littler dose sooooo with that being said, weather it be a 600 gram ferret or a 200 lbs dog its the same price. makes no sense to me!!!!

ok I called animal kingdom across to the good old usa!! rabies there is 18.00 and the vac is 30. or something like that so under 50 canadian!!!(as our dollar is almost equal right now) grrrrrrrrrrr where do canadian vets get off charging a arm and leg, I told her what it was over here to see if they had any canadian ferret owners go over there to see what it is to get them over the boarder and she said she did not know sooo guess ill have to call customs!!!!

Default Re: "VETS"

I thought Dr. Craig at Northland was the only exotic animal vet in this city. If you bring your ferrets there, just be careful about mentioning U.S. vets, because he is one of the biggest anti-U.S. vet people on this side. If you do go across and need Dr. Craig at any time, you may be out of luck.

It's strange that they said they won't treat a sick ferret thought. I used to have one, and I brought it to Dr.Craig for vaccines, and for a later illness.

hp2

I dont know thats what she told me she said dr craig will vac but not treat, NOT a big deal, Ill deal usa if I have to!! after calling over there for prices!! and I go over couple times a week anyways, Ill give the good old usa my money when the time comes that they need to be done!!!

A place in SSM ont wanted $100 about 7 years ago to neuter EACH of my rats. I had 2 rats. $100 to neuter a rat! That's WAY too insane. I won't ever use that clinic EVER. Not to mention when I was young, I would walk past that clinic and there were always needles on the ground.

There is a pretty good exotic vet in SSM Mich, Animal Kingdom is it? They charged me $80 I think it was for BOTH rats.

I know Chippewa Animal Clinic also see's ferrets and they have emergency on there off time. 906-635-5814 took our shelter ferrts to them and you can call they may ket you know if they have candian ferrets as clients. I think they do i was there and they had a couple there, good luck. oh i wouldnt even tell a vet if i seen another vet, make somthing up.

I prefer Sault Animal Hospital 1 906 635 5910 To anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information