Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tinnitus

Default Tinnitus

The other night I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night with this humming sound coming from the left side of my ear. No one else in the house heard it. So i was finally able to fall back asleep and hoped the sound would be gone by morning. Woke up and the sound was still there. It has been going on for a few days now and I have been given a possible diagnosis of tinnitus. This constant humming sound is driving me insane. Anyone have this and is there anything i can try to make it go away? I am probably just going to have to get used to it but hoping that it goes away before I go insane lol.

Default Re: Tinnitus

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
    The other night I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night with this humming sound coming from the left side of my ear. No one else in the house heard it. So i was finally able to fall back asleep and hoped the sound would be gone by morning. Woke up and the sound was still there. It has been going on for a few days now and I have been given a possible diagnosis of tinnitus. This constant humming sound is driving me insane. Anyone have this and is there anything i can try to make it go away? I am probably just going to have to get used to it but hoping that it goes away before I go insane lol.
    See a doctor.

Failing that, see an audiologist.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

I watched the Dr. Oz show one day and he said that they were not sure what causes tinnitus, medication, virus, loud noises etc. He said that some felt that it was due to increased stress. He had five recommendations to help with the stress. one was to increase your vitamin C, another was to eat pistachios, drink dark tea and to have someone use accupressure starting at the earlobes and work your way up the outer rim of the ear. Also to press between the eyebrows and rub gently across the eyebrows. I can't recall all that he said but I'm sure you can look it up on his website

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    See a doctor.

Failing that, see an audiologist.
    I did see a Dr. That is where I got the possible diagnosis of tinnitus

Thanks Yoda I will see if I can find that info. I have been looking around online hopefully its just a temporary thing and go away.

My mother has it. other than that, no idea if there is any others out there. She has had it for years.

I have it, and it comes and goes. Mine is more like a constant high-pitched buzz/whine sound of cicadas (you know those whining sounding grasshopper kind of bugs we hear in August?). It's been coming and going for more than 30 years, since I was a kid. After having it for a few hours, I don't really notice it anymore until it's gone. Sometimes it lasts months, sometimes just days. It starts most often when I'm having difficulty with my neck and related muscles. I've never sought treatment for it because I know they don't know what causes it.

Thankfully it went away after about 5-6 days. I could not image having this all the time. It drove me nuts lol.

Good to hear (no pun intended LOL ). It can be very annoying until you get used to it.

IMHO

I have had tinnutis for over 40 years 24/7. I am fortunate that the level of sound has not increased. It has driven patients to suicide when the volume becomes unbearable. Doctors do not seem to care much about this problem...its all in your head. Little research has been done. I had hoped that by now a cure was in sight. I would love just a minute without all this noise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information